If your Windows 8 operating system is making your updates automatically is because you chose to do this when you first installed Windows 8. Unfortunately if the operating system is making the updates automatically you might end up with a Microsoft confidential watermark on your desktop. Seeing that this can get pretty annoying sometimes we will see how you can disable this and get on with your work.
The tutorial below will show you exactly how to disable the Microsoft confidential watermark you have on your Desktop by accessing the Registry Editor feature you have in Windows 8. From the “Registry Editor” feature we will make the proper adjustments in the system to make the Microsoft watermark disappear but be sure to follow the instructions in this tutorial very carefully because if we modify other options it might cause errors in Windows 8.
Steps for disabling Microsoft confidential watermark for Windows 8
- Press and hold on your keyboard the buttons “Window” and “R”.
- A “Run” window will pop up and in the run window type “regedit” without the quotes.
- Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard”.
- You will get a pop up from “User Account Controls” where you need to proceed by left clicking on “Yes”.
- Left click in the left side of the “Registry Editor” window on “HKLM”.
- In the “HKLM” folder left click on “Software”
- In the “SOFTWARE” folder left click on “Microsoft”.
- In the “Microsoft” folder left click on “Windows NT” to open it.
- In “Windows NT” folder left click on CurrentVersion”
- And finally in the “CurrentVersion” folder left click on “Windows”
- On the right side you will need to create a new “DWORD” file with the name “DisplayNotRetailReady” and double click on it to open.
- After you are in the Edit DWORD window of the “DisplayNotRetailReady” you created write in the “Value data” the number “0” without the quotes or just leave it blank.
- Left click on the “OK” button you have in the “Edit DWORD” window.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Now after a reboot of the Windows 8 operating system your watermark will be gone.
You can see above that in just a few minutes you managed to disable the Microsoft confidential watermark In Windows 8. For any other questions on the subject write us below a few words and we will reply in the shortest time possible.