- After installing the latest NVIDIA driver, plenty of users become worried about the NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy.
- Well, turning it off is not that complicated. You may do so from services.msc, as described below.
- This solution will free up some computer memory, while your gameplay improves significantly.
- In order to disable the NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy, you could also locate NVIDIA Network Service Container, go to Startup, and change its status.
At this moment, NVIDIA is one of the top hardware manufacturers of graphics processing units. Many users noticed the NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy running in Task Manager.
Some of them became suspicious about this file and wanted to remove it from their computer. What is Nvidia Capture Server proxy? That’s what most likely some of you have in mind.
Well, it is actually a service that becomes available after you have purchased an NVIDIA GPU and installed the GeForce Experience Control Panel.
Some users have complained about this issue on the official NVIDIA forum:
I just reinstalled my operating system, installed the latest NVIDIA driver and noticed NVIDIA Capture Server. I have never seen it before. What is this?
Read the following section and learn how you can disable the NVIDIA Capture Server proxy.
How do I turn off NVIDIA Capture?
1. Turn of Game Stream
- Open the NVIDIA GeForce Experience application.
- Navigate to Settings and check Features.
- Turn off the Game Stream.
The NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy is a component of the Game Stream service. For this reason, it will allow you to stream your game to other in-home devices.
This solution requires you to close the Game Stream service. After you have closed this process, that will decrease the number of resources it uses.
2. Disable Nvidia Capture Server proxy from services.msc
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type in taskmgr.
- Search for NVIDIA related processes.
- Find and disable NVIDIA Streamer Service and NVIDIA Streamer User-Agent.
- Click the Windows button and type in services.msc in the search bar.
- Find NVIDIA Streamer Service, verify Service Status, and click Stop.
- Press OK to confirm the action then click on the Startup Type box.
- Choose the Disabled option, click on Apply, and then OK.
After you have disabled NVIDIA Streamer Service, this will prevent this service to start itself in the future.
This solution allows you to verify how many NVIDIA services are running, and to close those that are not necessary.
Two of them are the Streamer Service and the User-Agent. These services allow you to stream games from your PC to NVIDIA Shield devices. It is not necessary to let them run in your operating system.
When you disable them, that will completely disable the NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy. This solution will free up some computer memory, and your gameplay will also improve.
3. Disable the NVIDIA Web Helper service
- Press Windows + R shortcut to open Run and type in services.msc.
- Press Enter and go to Services.
- In that section, locate NVIDIA Network Service Container.
- Open it, go to Startup and change its status to Disabled.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
The NVIDIA Web Helper service has the purpose to download automatically new drivers and then install them. In some situations, it will disrupt other computer processes.
This solution allows you to disable this service. Once performed, you will not find the NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy as an active process in Task Manager.
If you wish to turn off the NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy, then try out our simple and tested solutions from the previous section.
You can disable the Game Stream service, the process from Windows services, and not only.
The first two solutions will also enhance your computing experience and free up computer resources. Test them and leave us a comment about your experience.