- The built-in game detection feature allows you to broadcast your game title to other Discord users on your server.
- If the Discord game detection is not working, make sure the feature is enabled from the User Settings.
- Keeping the app updated is an essential step that can prevent and also solve a wide range of Discord problems.
- To ensure a smooth experience while dealing with Discord game detection issues, make sure to verify the game validity.
Discord is a popular VoIP app for gamers and non-gamers to talk over voice, video, and text. The gaming community is extensively using the app as a reliable VoIP communication mode.
The built-in game detection feature in Discord allows you to broadcast the name of the current title you are playing. However, recently several users have reported the Discord game detection not working issue.
The Discord game detection system may fail to detect non-verified games such as the pirated games. In some instances, this issue can also occur due to a Discord bug or incompatible app version.
If you are also troubled by this problem, here are a few troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the Discord game detection not working in Windows computers.
How do I fix the Discord game detection not working?
1. Check if Discord game detection is enabled
- Launch the Discord app on your computer.
- Open the User Settings option by clicking the cog in the bottom left near the user profile.
- Open the Games tab from the left pane in the User Settings window.
- Check the Display currently running games as a status message box under the Game Activity section.
- Close User Settings, relaunch Discord, and check if Discord not detecting game to stream issue is resolved.
2. Manually add the game to Discord
- To add your currently playing titles manually, go to User Settings and open the Game tab under the Now Playing section, and click the Add It button.
- Search for your game by entering its name and choose it from the list of options.
- Click the Done button to save the changes. The selected game will now show in the Now Playing section.
If you want to have little fun, try changing the game title with something funky, and it will show up on your Now Playing status.
Discord allows you to manually select the currently playing game in the user settings if you experience the Discord not detecting application to stream issue.
3. Verify if the game is genuine
While Discord can detect all Stream games automatically, it will not detect unverified games. Non-verified games include games that are installed through piracy.
Make sure all the games installed on your computer are genuine. You may also require to verify the license once to make sure the game is registered if not bought on Steam.
Check for app updates
- Make sure the Discord app is running.
- Expand the System Tray and right-click on the Discord app icon.
- Select Check for updates option. Discord will now check for pending updates. Proceed to install all the pending updates.
- Once the update is installed, relaunch the app and check if the can’t stream the game on discord issue is resolved.
4. Reinstall Discord
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type control and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Programs and then click Programs and Features.
- Locate Discord from the list of installed apps. Select the app and click on Uninstall.
- Confirm the action by clicking on Yes/Uninstall and follow on-screen instructions to uninstall the app.
- Once uninstalled, reboot the computer.
- After the restart, go to the Discord download page and download the latest version available.
- Run the installer and follow on-screen instructions to install the app.
Once installed, relaunch the Discord and check if the game detection feature is working normally.
The Discord game detection not working issue can occur due to several reasons.
After making sure the detection feature is turned on, try to add the game manually, update the app or reinstall Discord to resolve the problem.