In these times of ever-evolving technology, to meet up with high-quality demands, small businesses are looking for the best options for printing documents and fliers. These options are ranked on speed, efficiency, and quality of output.
Dot printers are the most recent advancement in the field of high-quality printers, being able to meet up with the required speed and efficiency criteria, while also providing high-quality output.
A dot matrix printer can be defined as a printer that makes use of a dot matrix to store and print data from computers. A dot matrix printer can operate as an impact dot matrix printer or a non-impact dot matrix printer.
Dot matrix printers have revolutionized the world of printing, and offer much more than older model printers, which is why we have picked the top 5 printers we think will work best for your small businesses.
What are the best dot matrix printers that I can buy?
Oki Microline 320 Turbo
The Oki Microline 320 printer is an eco-friendly printer that utilizes the impact dot matrix mechanism. It is equipped with power management technology that allows users to experience an excellent all-around printing performance from an affordable product.
This printer is a great option as it’s reliable, efficient and fast with an impressive print rate of 435 characters per second.
- Highly rated by buyers
- Capable of printing 5 papers at the same time
- This printer is engineered and built for a challenging office environment
- 5” per second feed rate
- Uses SuperSpeed Draft of 435 cps print speed
- Utilizes auto-park technology and zero-tear technology
- Manual paper adjustment of weight
Oki 62418701 MICROLINE 420
The Oki Microline 420 is a reliable printer, which is very efficient at printing on heavy papers. It utilizes a sturdy impact dot matrix print-head which is engineered to strike strong and hard in order to create clear prints.
The printer is equipped with an optical sensor that ensures alignment accuracy in the loaded papers exceptional. It is noted for its efficiency and speed especially when dealing with heavy papers and comes at a fair price.
- Versatile application
- Can handle high volume documents
- User-friendly interface
- Offers continuous printing method
- Operates on a “rack-and-pinion” structure
- Proficient motor to reduce the risk of heat damage
- Issues with the mainboard failing
Lexmark Forms Printer 2500
The Lexmark Forms Printer 2500+ offers exceptional high-speed printing. It has many features that include monitoring of printed character and page, support for multi-part form, and excellent-yield ribbons.
This printer is capable of handling papers smoothly and it is fairly easy to use with high-quality print-heads that can cater to a maximum of 300 characters.
- Easy transitions between feeds (push and pull)
- User-friendly operator panel
- Reliable and offers high-speed printing performance
- Sturdy and durable printer build
- Prints at a rate of 618 characters per second at 12 cpi
- Rebooting takes longer than usual
The Epson LQ-2090 Wide-Format Dot Matrix Printer utilizes state-of-the-art 24-pin technology. This incredible printer offers is extremely reliable and offers optimum accuracy with an incredible print rate of up to 529 characters per second, as well as high-quality results.
This printer is designed to help make office work as seamless as possible, improving productivity.
- Compatible with all systems
- Superior performance
- Low operational printing cost
- Capable of heavy-duty printing
- Robust and long-lasting ribbons
- Excellent Epson customer service support
- Three years warranty
- Expensive for a small business office printer
Epson FX-880+ Impact
This high-quality printer works at a speed of 680 characters per second, while also providing high-quality results. It is sturdy and durable, capable of lasting you a long time.
- The printing speed is 680 cps
- It offers seamless integration
- Easy to install
- Provides high-quality printing
- Flexible paper handling
- User-friendly interface panel
- Easy setting adjustment
Closing thoughts on dot matrix printers for small businesses
As an owner of a business, deciding the right equipment capable of producing the best output, as well as reliability and efficiency is very key to the success and survival of your business.
So, if you’re looking to go the budget-friendly route, or choose one of the higher-priced options, you can rest assured knowing you chose the right option for your business.
While there are thousands of dot matrix printers listed on Amazon, we’re confident you can find just what you need from these five which are highly efficient, reliable, and durable.