- Cumulative update KB4503286 for Windows 10 v1803 users fixes some annoying bugs and brings even more features to the table.
- Check out the most important changes in this quick-read article.
- As you already, Microsoft releases essential security patches every second Tuesday of each month - bookmark our Patch Tuesday Guides to make sure you don't miss out on the updates.
- Visit the News Hub next and stay up to date with the latest releases in the tech industry.
It’s Patch Tuesday time and Microsoft released Windows 10 cumulative update KB4503286 to Windows 10 v1803 users. This update bumps the OS version to build 17134.829.
Update KB4503286 brings important security updates and fixes some issues affecting various Windows components.
However, Microsoft mentioned that this patch brings a few issues of its own as well.
What improvements and fixes does KB4503286 bring?
1. IE11 bug fix
Microsoft fixed an important issue that was introduced with the previous releases. The bug occurred due to issues with the Default Search Provider and prevented Windows 10 users from opening Internet Explorer 11.
Speaking of browser issues, if you’re tired of such limitations, you can switch to a new, better, faster and overall more efficient browsing solution such as Opera.
This privacy-focused browser can be the right choice for you. Having undertaken a complete overhaul, Opera comes out looking crisp, neat, and elegant, delivering an intuitive and user-friendly interface with countless customization options.
You can, for instance, change its appearance from modes to themes, displayed sections, and more – until it perfectly reflects your style and matches your browsing needs down to the very last detail.
But it’s not all about looks. This is a feature-rich browser with the utmost concern for your privacy which delivers competitive functionalities aimed to facilitate users’ experience as much as possible.
By running Opera, you will enjoy a full-scale in-built VPN tool to protect your online identity and unblock otherwise geo-restricted content and websites, uninterrupted and fast loading webpages browsing thanks to the integrated adblocker and many more.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Opera improves loading speeds of web pages by compressing web traffic which actually makes it a great choice for those with slow bandwidth or sketchy mobile network.
- Also, a nifty feature worth mentioning is improved battery usage optimization, which makes it a rather good choice for laptop users.
- All things considered, Opera is on the same level as Chrome or Firefox in terms of performance and scores higher in terms of memory usage, loading speed, and customization options.
- Important your bookmark and sync your Opera settings across all your devices using the dedicated Opera account.
OperaBug-free browsing? You bet! Get a taste of faster, better, 100% private, and ad-free browsing with Opera!
2. Device startup issues fixed
KB4503286 resolves device startup issues in Windows 10. According to user reports, the bug affected devices from Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server that used Variable Window Extension.
Microsoft says that the issue could lead to premature termination of a connection to the WDS server.
3. Bluetooth connection issues fixed
Thankfully, Microsoft addressed the security flaw in Windows 10 that blocked suspicious connections between Bluetooth devices and Windows 10.
4. General security updates
Microsoft released various security updates to fix issues affecting many Windows Components. T
he tech giant patched some vulnerabilities in the following components: Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Authentication, Windows Virtualization, Windows Shell, Microsoft Edge, and more.
5. KB4503286 known issues
Thankfully, KB4503286 brings a single known issue to the table. Microsoft warns users their PCs may fail to perform some specific operations on folders and files.
The issue affects those folders and files that are stored on Cluster Shared Volume (CSV). You may encounter the following error code: STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5).
Microsoft says that they are working to resolve the issue. However, the company suggested a temporary workaround as well. You can perform one of the following operations:
- Perform the operation from a process that has administrator privilege.
- Perform the operation from a node that doesn’t have CSV ownership.
You need to wait for the upcoming release to permanently fix this issue.
Did you encounter other KB4503286 issues? Let us know in the comments below.