- Opera Neon is an experimental browser by Opera that brings a fresh take to the world of web browsers.
- There are several key features that you would miss out on the Opera Neon browser, but it is not meant for being used as a default web browser in the first place.
- In this guide, we will explain to you how you can download Opera Neon on your Windows 10 or 11 PC.
Back in 2017, Opera announced a concept browser called Opera Neon. This browser claimed to be a different browser from any other browsers available for Windows OS.
Well, in reality as well, you will notice it right away from the homepage, as it shows you your desktop wallpaper as the background, which can be changed if you want.
There are bubbles of website shortcuts arranged at the center, and all of your saved bookmarks will appear as bubbles. These are just a few things about how different it is from other browsers. We will talk about its features and other things more in the below sections.
But if you are looking for a new browser or want to experiment, then you can give Opera Neon a try. In this guide, we will explain how you can download the latest version of Opera Neon for Windows 10 and 11. Let us get right into it.
What is Opera Neon?
As already mentioned, it is a concept browser that Opera introduced back in 2017. There is a search bar on the homepage which uses the Google search engine by default.
Below are some of the outstanding features of Opera Neon:
- Split-screen mode: Let’s you browse two web pages at the same time. So, if you want to watch a YouTube video and work on Google Docs, you can use the split-screen mode and enhance your productivity.
- Pop-up video player: You can watch the video player in a pop-up window and continue your other tasks in the browser.
- Snap-to-gallery: You can crop, snap and save images without needing a third-party tool.
- Efficient management of tabs: All of your tabs are placed on the right side, at the top, bringing a fresh take on it.
- Built-in Task Manager: It comes with a built-in Task Manager, letting you know the running background processes, memory usage, CPU usage, etc.
Does Opera Neon work on Windows 10 and 11?
Yes. You can download Opera Neon for your Windows 10 and Windows 11 PCs. It works smoothly without any issues.
As of writing this post, the latest available version of Opera Neon that you can download and install on your Windows 10 and Windows 11 PC is Version 1.0.2531.0.
How do I get Opera Neon?
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the Download Now button.
- Let the installer file download.
- Double-click on the installer file and after a few seconds, you will see a web browser interface showing the wallpaper of your homescreen.
You can now enjoy a concept browser that brings a new take to the world of web browsers that we already use.
Can I use Opera Neon as my default web browser?
However, there are a few things that you should keep in mind before you think to completely switch over to Opera Neon from your default web browser.
- First things first, it is a concept browser, meaning you may or may not find several features you usually find in your default web browser.
- Opera Neon isn’t made to be used as an everyday browser, as you could come across multiple issues using it.
- Opera Neon will not receive security updates. This puts your online data and information at risk if you are using Neon for financial transactions or social media platforms.
- It cannot block ads or install extensions to expand its production. All you can use are the default features that the Opera Neon browser offers you out of the box.
- Opera Neon does not feature an in-built VPN like the Opera browser.
Overall, Opera Neon is a laboratory experiment from the house of Opera and isn’t meant for everyday use. You can use it though if you do not care about the above-mentioned drawbacks of Opera Neon.
Besides, we have a guide on the best browsers that you can install on your Windows 11. Else, we have a list of browsers that you can use on Windows 10 in 2022.
Let us know in the comments below, if you liked the Opera Neon browser or not. Also, do share your experience if you come across any issues with the browser.