Fast Ring Insiders can now test a new Windows 10 build but don’t get too excited about it. Windows 10 build 18346 focuses only on fixing the issues reported by Insiders in previous build releases.
Yes, there are no new features, but there’s a long list of fixes and improvements that will make the OS more reliable.
Windows 10 build 18346 changelog
- Microsoft fixed the issue which caused the Bluetooth Hands-Free audio driver to hang.
- The bug resulting in some Insiders not being able to access the Quests section of the Feedback Hub has been fixed.
- Settings should no longer crash if you click “Pick your insider settings” button under Windows Insiders Program Settings.
- The PowerShell .GetType method should no longer trigger errors.
- The company fixed an issue where in certain languages if you pressed WIN+V before having opted into clipboard history the clipboard history UI would be truncated.
- Microsoft also fixed the issue where, when friendly dates were enabled in File Explorer, in certain languages (such as Japanese and Chinese) Insiders would see the wrong day name displayed.
- The issue resulting in an unexpected and non-functional Family Safety icon in the notification area of the taskbar has also been fixed.
- At the same time, Microsoft also fixed an issue that could result in the taskbar search box text becoming black on a black background.
- The Start menu should no longer crash when using Narrator to navigate pinned folders in Start.
Windows 10 build 18346 known issues
At the same time, this build release also bring issues of its own. Microsoft already published a list of known bugs that includes:
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
For display calibration scenarios, monitors may be missing in the built-in Color Management application. As a work around, please use the
- Settings app to select color profile instead, under the Display Settings page.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
- Mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- Chinese version of multiple games is not working.
Download Windows 10 build 18346
You can download Windows 10 build 18346 via Windows Update. Just hit the ‘Check for updates’ button and the download process will start automatically.
If you’re an Insider and you already installed the latest Windows 10 build on your computer, do tell us more about your experience in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- ARM64 PCs no longer receive new Windows 10 Insider Preview builds
- FIX: Disk Space Problems in Recent Windows 10 Builds