A little over a month ago, Microsoft released the first update to Windows 8, the preview version of Windows 8.1. Now, Microsoft has announced that Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview has been made available for download (links at the end of the article). Of course, as always, you need to test the operating system with precautions, as this is not yet its final form and you might encounter some errors.
The Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview actually builds on the Window 8.1 Preview with some extra, premium features meant for business users, involved around security, mobility, management and virtualization. IT professionals should hurry up and download the Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview to get to play around with the OS.
Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview
Here are some of the most important features found in Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview:
- Windows To Go Creator: Create a corporate Windows 8.1 desktop on a bootable external USb drive. You can use it to support bring Your Own Device scenarios or you can give to your staff to access securely the corporate environment.
- Start Screen Control: Control the layout of the Start screen on company-issued devices. This feature prevent users from customizing their Start screen.
- DirectAccess: Remotely access inside a corporate network without launching a separate VPN. Keep remote users’ PCs up-to-date by installing latest policies and software updates.
- branchCache: This allows for caching of files, websites and other content from central servers locally on hosted cache servers or PCs so that employees in branch offices no longer need to download content multiple times across their Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI): Play 3D graphics, use USb peripherals and use touch-enabled devices across any type of network (LAN or WAN).
- AppLocker: Create a more secure environment by restricting the files and apps that users or groups can run on a PC.
- Windows Enterprise Side-Loading: Side-load Windows apps on domain-joined PCs and tablets running Windows 8.1 Enterprise.
before installing Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview, be careful at the following things, suggestions given by Microsoft:
Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview should be installed on a test machine. Following the preview period, it is not possible to upgrade to a licensed working version of Windows 8.1 Enterprise. Personal data will be kept on your test computer, but the Windows OS and your applications will need to be reinstalled when moving from the preview to production bits.
At the moment, the Enterprise Preview ISO is available in the following languages: Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Taiwan), English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish. Also, the product key activation for Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview is the following YNb3T-VHW8P-72P6K-bQHCb-DM92V. The Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview is available in 32 and 64-bit versions.
Just a reminder, don’t forget to check the requirements for Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview. If you are curious already, then follow the link from below to download Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview for your network. You will receive two emails: one containing resources that will guide you and another one notifying you when the final version will be released.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.