The File Explorer in Windows 10 allows the users to group the files by date, file size or none. However, after the recent Windows update, users have reported that they are unable to set the Group by the option to none. This can happen due to the bug in the latest Window update or if the user preference was set to default after the update.
Follow the troubleshooting tips given in this article fix download folder are grouped by date in Windows 10.
How do I organize my Downloads folder by size?
1. Change Group By for Download Folder in Save as Dialog Box
- If you only want to change the Group by option for the Download folder which also is visible in the Save as Dialog box, then you need to change the group by option for the Save as dialog box itself.
- Changing the Group By preference in the Download folder does not affect any other folder. Here is how to do it.
- Try to download any file or right-click on any file in the browser and select Save as.
- Now make sure you navigate to the folder where you want to save the file.
- Right-click on the empty space and select Group by.
- Now select how do you want to group the files by (name, date, file size, etc).
- Save the file.
- Next time you want to save the file again, you will see that the Group by preference is now intact.
2. Disable File Grouping for All Folders
- If you want to disable File grouping for all folders at once, you can do it from the Folder Options.
- Open “File Explorer” and open any folder.
- Right-click on an empty space and select Group by > None.
- Click on the View tab and select Options > Change folder and search options.
- In the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
- Click the Apply to Folders button.
- This will apply your Group by preference to all the folders you make in the future.
- To enable File Grouping again open the Folder Options > View > Reset Folders.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: