Qualcomm’s DragonBoard 410c is the first development board based on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 series processor. This board powers the Windows IoT platform on Dragonboard, the smallest version of Windows 10 that leverages the OS’ common core architecture. Because of its relatively small size compared to other variants of Windows 10, the Windows 10 IoT Core for DragonBoard can help users develop low-cost devices.
Qualcomm built the DragonBoard 410c based on its Snapdragon 400, complete with connectivity features including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS. The credit card-size board is compatible with Windows 10 build 10240 or higher. You can buy the DragonBoard 410c from Qualcomm.
You can also download Windows 10 IoT Core for DragonBoard, the core OS image that powers Windows IoT platform on DragonBoard, from Microsoft’s website.
DragonBoard 410c features
- CPU: Quad-core ARM Cortex A53 at up to 1.2 GHz per core with both 32-bit and 64-bit support
- Memory/storages: 1GB LPDDR3 533MHz / 8GB eMMC 4.5 / SD 3.0 (UHS-I)
- Graphics: Qualcomm Adreno 306 GPU with support for advanced APIs, including OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenCL, DirectX, and content security
- Video: [email protected] HD video playback and capture with H.264 (AVC), and 720p playback with H.265 (HEVC)
- Camera Support: Integrated ISP with support for image sensors up to 13MP
- Connectivity and Location:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, integrated digital core
- Bluetooth 4.1, integrated digital core
- Qualcomm IZat location technology Gen8C
- On-board Wi-Fi, BT and GPS antenna
- I/O Interfaces: HDMI Full-size Type A connector, one micro USB (device mode only), two USB 2.0 (host mode only), micro SD card slot
- Note: Micro USB (device mode) and USB 2.0 (host mode) are mutually exclusive and cannot be operated at the same time
- One 40-pin low speed expansion connector: UART, SPI, I2S, I2C x2, GPIO x12, DC power
- One 60-pin high speed expansion connector: 4L MIPI-DSI, USB, I2C x2, 2L+4L MIPI-CSI
- Footprint for one optional 16-pin analog expansion connector for stereo headset/line-out, speaker and analog line-in.
- The board can be made compatible with Arduino using an add-on mezzanine board
The MinnowBoard MAX
The Windows IoT platform can also power the MinnowBoard MAX, a 64-bit Intel Atom E38xx series SoC which includes Integrated Intel HD graphics and hardware-accelerated drivers for Linux OS.
The board also features 8MB SPI flash, DDR3 RAM, and a microSD card slot. It has input/output options such as USB 3.0 x1x, USB 2.0 X1, Ethernet RJ-45 connector and FTDI cable for serial debugging. You can buy the MinnowBoard MAX from MinnowBoard.
The Windows 10 IoT Core for MinnowBoard MAX is also compatible with the Windows 10 build 10240 or later.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- IoT cameras have major security vulnerabilities, says Bitdefender
- The first Windows 10 IoT Core Robot Bamboo supports Intel Joule
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.