Windows 10 IoT Core Now Available for Commercial Use
The team responsible for development of Windows IoT operating system announced today that it will bring some new features and improvements to the system, as well as making it available for commercial developers to develop their apps for this variant of Windows 10 operating system.
Windows 10 IoT Core powers ‘smaller’ devices, like Raspberry Pi series, and it is available for free for all developers and other users who want to work and create on such devices.
Microsoft considers this release of Windows 10 IoT core very important, and here’s what they say about it:
“This release marks an important step in the evolution of Windows 10 IoT Core for our Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM)/ Original Device Manufacturers (ODM) partners. As part of the Windows 10 IoT edition family, Windows 10 IoT Core provides an optimized platform for building smaller and low cost industry devices like IoT gateways. It brings scale to our partners’ investments across form factors leveraging the same business ready capabilities customers expect in Windows: leading connectivity, enterprise-grade security, servicing and manageability.”
As we already say, this update provides a lot of improvements to the system, including:
- Ability to manage devices powered by Windows IoT with the same tool used for managing PCs
- Performance improvements and expanded the ecosystem of supported peripherals
- ‘Direct memory access bus’ driver that gives you the ability to run native code for the significant performance improvements in GPIO
- Full support for the TX/RX pins on the Raspberry Pi2
- Support the official Raspberry Pi Wi-Fi dongle
- Support two Realtek Wi-Fi chipsets (RTL8188EU & RTL8192EU)
If you want to find out more about this release and all the changes, you should check out Windows Blog post for more precise details. What do you think about using devices like Raspberry Pi for education and development? Tell us your views in the comments below.
If you’re new to Waze and want to know how to change the guiding voice in your app, then you came to the right place. […]
One of the biggest differences between Waze and other GPS navigation software is the alerts system. Waze benefits from a user input system that allows […]