- DVD players were quite popular in the past, but some people still use them.
- Sadly, many users reported that their DVD player says No disc, and is unable to play the multimedia.
- Want to learn more about DVDs? This dedicated DVD article has all the information you need.
- Having similar issues with other devices? If so, check our Peripherals Hub for more guides.
Many users are still using DVD players or portable DVD players for their multimedia, however, some reported that DVD player says No disc even though the disc is inserted.
This issue will prevent you from playing your DVDs, but there might be a way to fix this issue, and today we’ll show you how to do that.
What do I do if the DVD player says No disc?
1. Use the WinX DVD Ripper Platinum software
If your DVD player says No disc, your player may be faulty. However, that doesn’t mean that your multimedia is lost, and you can recover it with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum software.
This software is designed to rip DVDs to your PC, and it allows you to save the video in H.264, AVI, HEVC, MPEG, MOV, and M2TS format. Of course, there are 350+ presets available for different devices.
It’s important to mention that WinX DVD Ripper Platinum has four copying modes, so you can clone the entire DVD to a folder or a disc image, or just extract the multimedia content.
Of course, Level-3 hardware acceleration is available, so the software offers about 50% better performance compared to its competitors.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is great software, and if you’re having issues playing DVDs, this software might be a perfect solution for your problems.
Other great features:
- Simple to use
- Supports all types of DVDs
- Ability to convert DVD to one of many multimedia formats
- Ability to trim or crop videos
- Available on Mac and PC
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
If your DVD player is giving you No disc message, convert your DVDs using the WinX DVD Ripper software.
2. Check the disc tray
- Open the disc tray.
- Check if the disc tray opens slower than usual.
If the disc tray opens slower than usual, something may be jamming it, so make sure that the tray is tightly closed before trying to play your DVD. If needed, clean the disc tray.
3. Clean the disc and laser
- Remove the disc.
- Use a slightly damp non-linen cloth and clean the disc from the center towards the edges.
- After you’ve cleaned the entire surface, try playing the disc again.
- If the issue is still there, open the disk tray and use the pressurized air to clean the laser.
If the problem is still there, it’s possible that the laser reader is faulty and it needs replacement.
There’s no easy way to fix the No disc message on your DVD player, but hopefully, you managed to fix this problem using our solutions.