Dynamic Theme app customizes your Windows 10 lockscreen and background photos
While the Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile operating systems allow you to personalize your Lock and Start screens, the OS’ Windows Spotlight feature limits your ability to customize the lock screen and desktop background photos. This is because Windows Spotlight curates the images for your daily lock screen. Nonetheless, Dynamic Theme has got you covered. The app works on both the Windows 10 PCs and phones, mimicking the system settings layout of Microsoft’s operating system.
The app works by pulling the daily Bing and Spotlight images and applying them to your device. This lets you set the Bing and Spotlight images as your lock screen or background photos. You can also save those images to your device for later viewing.
These are Dynamic Theme’s features, according to its Windows Store listing:
- Use the daily Bing or Windows Spotlight picture as background and/or lock screen
- Use a Bing or Windows Spotlight picture as background and/or lock screen
- Use personal pictures as background and/or lock screen
- Different modes supported: static image or slideshow (one or multiple folders)
- View recent daily Bing images
- View recent Windows Spotlight images
- Use daily Bing and/or Windows Spotlight image as dynamic tile of the application
- Configurable alert to indicate when a new daily Bing or Windows Spotlight image is published
- Automatic or manual saving locally daily Bing and/or Windows Spotlight pictures
- Synchronize your settings between your different devices (Microsoft account required)
To start using Dynamic Theme, choose Background in the dropdown menu and set an image for the Start screen on your PC or phone. You can choose any sources for the images, including Photo, Bing, System Settings, Windows Spotlight or Slideshow.
You can perform the same procedure for the lock screen and then sync those images with your other Windows 10 devices. The app also helps you keep track of new image release through the notifications found under the submenus for Daily Windows Bing and Spotlight images. You can then apply the photos on the Live Tile to Dynamic Theme.
Dynamic Theme is free to use and spares you from the annoyance of ads. It has a straightforward layout and design but is far from being minimalist. The third-party app fills the gap left by Windows 10 for PC and mobile. The app is available to download from the Windows Store.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]