Edge delays page loads after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Microsoft Edge is the fastest browser that Microsoft has ever created. Or, at least, that’s what the company likes to think despite many users probably disagreeing with the first sentence, reporting that Edge often takes more than five seconds to load pages. This happens regardless of the webpage loading when users open a new tab or click a link.
Interestingly enough, this issue doesn’t affect third-party browsers:
Afer Fall Creators Update installation, EDGE delays a few seconds before starting a page load, in a new tab or after clicking a link . Any ideas of what can it be? It worked fine just before the upgrade . Chrome is working perfectly in the same machine.
If you’re experiencing the same bug, here are the steps to fix it.
How to fix Edge slow page loading
1. Restart your PC and reopen Microsoft Edge. This simple action can fix general Edge issues.
2. Clear browsing history. Your browser automatically saves temporary internet files to help pages load faster. However, these files accumulate over time and may slow down your browser.
Here are the steps to follow to clear cache on Microsoft Edge:
- Select Hub > History > Clear all history.
- Select Browsing history and cached data and files, and then select Clear.
3. Repair or reset Microsoft Edge. The repair option allows you to remove corrupted file errors which may cause Edge to become slower. On the other hand, resetting the browser will remove your history, cookies, and any settings you might have changed.
Both option are available in Settings > Apps > Microsoft Edge > Advanced options.
Have you encountered other Edge issues after upgrading to the latest Windows 10 version? Tell us more about your experience in the comments below. You can also list the troubleshooting steps that you followed to fix the problem.
Errors like the avipbb.sys can be very frustrating for a beginner to fix. Even some professionals might encounter issues while fixing this error. Having this […]
Microsoft rolled out new features to Microsoft Teams — an enterprise chat-based collaboration solution. Enterprise users will find there is a new Microsoft Whiteboard integration […]
Microsoft releases another batch of cumulative updates for various versions of Windows 10 on the third Tuesday of the month. Although the update brings plenty of […]