Edge delays page loads after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Microsoft Edge is the fastest browser that Microsoft has ever created. Or, at least, that’s what the company likes to think despite many users probably disagreeing with the first sentence, reporting that Edge often takes more than five seconds to load pages. This happens regardless of the webpage loading when users open a new tab or click a link.
Interestingly enough, this issue doesn’t affect third-party browsers:
Afer Fall Creators Update installation, EDGE delays a few seconds before starting a page load, in a new tab or after clicking a link . Any ideas of what can it be? It worked fine just before the upgrade . Chrome is working perfectly in the same machine.
If you’re experiencing the same bug, here are the steps to fix it.
How to fix Edge slow page loading
1. Restart your PC and reopen Microsoft Edge. This simple action can fix general Edge issues.
2. Clear browsing history. Your browser automatically saves temporary internet files to help pages load faster. However, these files accumulate over time and may slow down your browser.
Here are the steps to follow to clear cache on Microsoft Edge:
- Select Hub > History > Clear all history.
- Select Browsing history and cached data and files, and then select Clear.
3. Repair or reset Microsoft Edge. The repair option allows you to remove corrupted file errors which may cause Edge to become slower. On the other hand, resetting the browser will remove your history, cookies, and any settings you might have changed.
Both option are available in Settings > Apps > Microsoft Edge > Advanced options.
Have you encountered other Edge issues after upgrading to the latest Windows 10 version? Tell us more about your experience in the comments below. You can also list the troubleshooting steps that you followed to fix the problem.
The latest Nvidia GeForce Driver brings a series of useful fixes and improvements that will enhance your gaming experience on Windows PCs. The update fixes Doom […]
Nvidia’s freshly released GeForce Driver 397.31 WHQL brings the general public a few updates and fixes along with some juicy novelties. These new exciting features […]
Ever since the explosive Facebook and Cambridge Analytica scandal played out before the world, the concern over how secure the private data of millions of […]