- New features are coming to Edge as build 85.0.538.0 goes live in the dev channel.
- Build 85.0.538.0 offers multiple fixes too.
- Our Browsers section offers informative content on Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Opera, and other browsers. Be sure to check it out!
- Visit the Edge page to stay up to speed on the latest improvements and fixes the Chromium-based browser offers.
The Microsoft Edge transformation is still underway, with new features coming to it as build 85.0.538.0 goes live in the dev channel.
Microsoft announced a couple of features it was adding to Edge during the recently concluded Build 2020 event. From Collections integration with Pinterest to Sidebar search and automatic profile switching—these improvements are vital to the success of a browser playing catch up behind Chrome and Firefox in terms of popularity.
Well, the latest Edge update introduces new features, improvements, and a couple of functional fixes.
Microsoft Edge update fixes
Edge update 85.0.538.0 brings a couple of improvements on the user experience. Solved issues include:
- Crashing of the browser when you launch an InPrivate or Guest window.
- PDF launch failure.
- Using the Edge Touch Bar when playing video on Mac would cause the webpage to crash. Your Touch Bar experience is now optimized.
- Thanks to the update, Collections shouldn’t be crashing all too often.
- Uninstalling a site set up as an app on your PC should now go smoothly.
- You should be able to import passwords from another browser without too many glitches.
Apart from the above issues, build 85.0.538.0 addresses erratic behavior in Edge, including the disappearance of the mouse. It also fixes audio problems when using specific Bluetooth speakers.
There are a couple of changes to these other Edge features:
- Touch Bar
- Apps menu
- Downloads management page
The latest Edge update brings support for more languages for translating webpage text.
Other new features are:
- Added support for the TLS Cipher Suite Deny List management policy. Updated Administrative Templates to come later.
- Added the Win HTTP Proxy Resolver Enabled management policy to control how Microsoft Edge interacts with the Windows proxy resolver. Note that this policy is already deprecated, and Administrative Templates will come later.
How would you rate your Microsoft Edge experience so far? Feel free to share your thoughts via the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.