- Are trying to start your Elden Ring game but it constantly crashes due to some annoying errors?
- If its Easy Anti Cheat is not installed or Failed to initialize the game launcher errors, we can help.
- This can be done by either downloading missing EAC files or disabling it while you play Elden Ring.
- Carefully follow the steps listed in this guide and you too will overcome this frustrating problem.
One of the most anticipated games of 2022, Elden Ring, is also the game that managed to score the best ratings ever on Opencritic.
You can purchase it and play it on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC, but take into consideration that each version comes with its very own bugs and glitches.
It’s no surprise seeing triple-A titles having problems prior to or right after release, so there’s no need to act surprised when we see so many things go wrong with Elden Ring. Updating your drivers with the help of specialized software like DriverFix is recommended in case you want higher FPS and less system errors.
However, besides all the other annoying glitches, some users are reporting getting the Easy Anti Cheat is not installed or Failed to initialize the game launcher errors.
Now, if you were wondering what Easy Anti Cheat is, it’s software that helps prevent cheating in online games and it can be used to detect and ban players who are using cheats in order to gain an unfair advantage.
Needless to say, Easy Anti Cheat (EAC) is a popular solution for online gaming communities, and it is used by many popular games like Fortnite.
But what can you do when it’s stopping you from enjoying From Entertainment’s brand new game? Luckily, we can show you how you can get rid of this nasty error.
How can I stop the Easy Anti Cheat Launch error?
Basically, this error is even a thing because EAC files are missing for your installation. Don’t be alarmed, we’ll show you exactly what you have to do in order to fix this.
You are looking at two options here which either involve you downloading the missing EAC files or disabling Easy Anti Cheat.
But, remember that before trying any of these steps, the most important first measure you can take is restarting your PC. If the issues persist, carefully follow our guide.
Download Missing EAC Files
- Download the missing EAC files.
- Extract the rar file.
- Press Windows + R and type %appdata%.
- Open the EasyAntiCheat, then Game Launcher folder.
- Paste the files that we had extracted earlier.
- Verify game file integrity using Steam or try launching the game directly through the game exe called start_protected_game.exe.
Verifying game files is quite an easy process, and it will only take a couple of minutes to complete. This is done from Steam, so make sure you access the app before starting.
- Open Steam and click on the Library tab.
- Right-click on Elden Ring and select Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab and then click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files… button.
- Steam will start verifying the game files and will fix any corrupted ones it finds.
Disable Easy Anti Cheat and run game in offline mode
This can also be a solution for this annoying Elden Ring error and it won’t take you a long time to complete.
All you have to do is add a file called steam_appid.txt, which contains the numbers 1245620, and put it where the Elden Ring executable is located.
Then all you have to do is launch the executable directly, not through steam. You won’t be able to play Elden Ring online, but EAC will be disabled.
These are the steps you can go through if your Elden Ring game will fail to start due to one of the above-mentioned errors.
Was this guide helpful to you? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.