- An increasing number of antivirus programs are compatible with Windows 10 nowadays.
- We're listing the best options - you just need to take some time to test which one is best for you.
- We recommend that you bookmark our Windows 10 Tips section to stay up to date with the latest news on this topic.
- We also got the best selection of news, recommendations, and dedicated guidelines in our Antivirus separate section.
This security tool relies on the largest threat-detection network to identify malware and machine-learning algorithms. Password management and home network security features are also available.
Here are some of the best features of Avast Antivirus:
- Machine-learning virus protection.
- Easy to install and use
- Do Not Disturb Mode for gaming and movie sessions
- Wi-Fi Inspector for detecting possible network hacks.
- Large range of features.
- Easy to manage the home network security.
- Easy to install.
- Offers a free trial period.
- Has minimum system requirements.
Installing a powerful and reliable antivirus software on your Windows 10 is extremely important. Malware, ransomware, Trojans, and other cyber threats are lurking in the dark, waiting to infect your computer.
Stay one step ahead of all these threats by installing one of the antivirus solutions listed above.
Which antivirus or security software you prefer to use? Is it Microsoft’s built-in Windows Defender, or some star third-party software? Tell us in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about protecting your Windows 10
- Do I still need antivirus software with Windows 10?
Windows 10 comes with a built-in antivirus software; however, for more powerful features and protection, the recommendation is that you choose one of the third-party available options.
- Is Windows 10 antivirus good enough?
Up to a certain point, Windows Defender is a good enough program. To get the best protection, though, you might want to make a change.
- Is it worth paying for antivirus?
You know, you can get a bunch of antivirus programs fully free and still benefit from a lot of features.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2018 and was revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published in July 2015 and was revamped and updated in October 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.