- Some players might be wondering how to enable DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) in popular gaming titles.
- To enable DLSS 2.0, you’ll need to make sure you have the required hardware and drivers.
- DLSS games also need to be running on reasonably up to date Windows 10 build versions.
- You can enable DLSS in Cyberpunk, and other supported titles, with in-game settings.
DLSS is a relatively new image upscaling technology for NVIDIA graphics cards that stands for Deep Learning Super Sampling.
That image upscaling technology utilizes AI algorithms to boost frame rates for games at high resolutions by rendering graphics at lower resolutions.
NVIDIA released the first DLSS version for in 2019. Since then, DLSS game support has expanded.
However, DLSS only works for GPUs of the NVIDIA RTX 20 and 30 series. This how you can enable DLSS for supported games.
How can I enable DLSS in games?
1. Update your NVIDIA graphics card driver
Make sure your GPU has the latest NVIDIA driver (the latest Game Ready Driver is required). To do so, run a scan with a driver updater utility.
Driver updater software will scan your PC’s drivers and list devices with outdated ones. Then you select to download and automatically install the latest drivers.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Install the latest Windows 10 build version
- Open Settings by pressing its Windows and I hotkey.
- Click Update & Security to open the options shown directly below.
- Then click the Download and install option if there’s a Windows 10 feature update available.
When your RTX GPU’s driver and Windows 10 platform are up-to-date, you should be able to select DLSS options for supported games via their graphical settings.
How exactly you select those in-game options varies between games. Below are some examples of how to enable DLSS in games.
How to enable DLSS in Battlefield 5
- Open the Graphics Setting menu within the Battlefield 5 game.
- If Direct 12 is not already enabled, you’ll need to enable that setting and restart Battlefield 5.
- Click the Advanced tab shown directly below.
- Toggle the DXR option on if it’s not enabled, and restart the game.
- Then you can toggle the NVIDIA DLSS setting on.
- Finally, choose a level of detail with the DXR Reflections Quality option.
When you’ve enabled DLSS for Battlefield V, you might notice a notable performance boost. Battlefield will run at higher framerates with greater graphical detail.
The NVIDIA video below shows us a side-by-side comparison of that game with and without DLSS enabled.
How enable DLSS in Cyberpunk 2077
- Click Settings in Cyberpunk 2077.
- Select Graphics to open graphical settings.
- Scroll down to the DLSS option.
- Then click the arrow for the DLSS setting to select a Balanced option. Alternatively, you can select Performance or Ultra Performance settings to enable DLSS.
- Press Esc to exit settings.
How to enable DLSS in PUBG
OK, this is the tricky one as PUBG is not a supported DLSS game title at the moment!
However, Bluehole confirmed PUBG will get DLSS. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is just one title in a list of games scheduled to incorporate DLSS, which includes the following:
- Fractured Lands
- Justice Online
- JX Online 3
- Hitman 2
It is expected that PUBG, and those other games, will support DLSS in the foreseeable future.
When they add support for DLSS, you’ll probably be able to enable image upscaling for them via their graphical settings much the same as Cyberpunk and Battlefield 5.
So, what are you waiting for? If you’ve got a game that supports DLSS and PC with a suitable RTX graphics card, you can enable NVIDIA’s cutting-edge upscaling technology as outlined above to see how it raises the bar for Windows gaming.