- Google Chrome is the most popular web browser in the world, and rightfully so.
- Some users reported err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security message in Chrome, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix it.
- Having additional problems on your PC? Our Fix section has all the answers you need.
- For more Chrome news, guides, and fixes, be sure to visit our dedicated Chrome Hub.
Chrome is a great web browser, but sometimes issues with it can occur. One issue that users reported is err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security message.
This issue usually affects web developers, and it can interfere with the development process. However, fixing this issue is relatively simple, and today we’ll show you how to fix it.
How can I fix err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security error in Chrome?
1. Try using a different web browser
Before we start fixing this issue, it’s important to determine if the problem is only appearing in Chrome. To do that, you can use any other browser, but we would recommend using Opera.
The browser is based on Chromium engine, so it’s pretty much similar to Chrome. It’s also worth mentioning that Opera works with all Chrome extensions, which is another plus.
Opera offers some unique features, and it allows you to organize tabs into workspaces. If needed, you can also use the built-in search to find any open tab with ease.
It’s important to mention that the browser has a built-in ad blocker and tracking protection, and for extra security, there’s a free VPN with unlimited bandwidth available.
Overall, Opera offers great features, and if you’re having issues with Chrome, Opera will be a perfect replacement.
Other great features:
- Twitter and Instagram integration
- Built-in messengers
- Personalized news feed
- Battery saver
- Available on all desktop and mobile platforms
OperaForget all about err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security error in your browser by switching to Opera.
2. Modify the registry
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
- When Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following path:
- Right-click the right pane and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter EnableHttp2Tls as the name and set the value of the DWORD to 0.
- Create a new DWORD, name it EnableHttp2Cleartext, and set its value to 0.
- After making these changes, restart your computer.
Keep in mind that these changes might cause your website to load slower. It’s also worth mentioning that this solution applies only to Windows Server.
3. Change Chrome launch parameters
- Locate Chrome shortcut, right-click it, and choose Properties from the menu.
- Navigate to the Shortcut tab. In the Target field add one of the following lines at the end:
After doing that HTTP2 or SPDY protocol will be disabled in Chrome.
Err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security Chrome error can cause problems on your PC, but hopefully, you should be able to fix it using our solutions.