- The err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security Chrome error can occur while accessing sites hosted on IIS 10.
- Some users reported the inadequate transport security message in Chrome on Windows Server.
- One of the most obvious solution to avoid this problem is to use a different browser.
- Another good solution to fix the problem is to modify the registry. We offer guidance below!
Chrome is a great web browser, but sometimes issues with it can occur. One issue that users reported is err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security message.
This issue usually affects web developers, and it can interfere with the development process. It’s also called the NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY error and it usually occurs when accessing websites hosted on IIS 10.0.
What happens is that in its default configuration, the IIS 10.0 has the HTTP/2 protocol enabled. However, the protocol was not supported in the default configurations of Chrome and Firefox browsers.
However, fixing this issue is relatively simple, and today we’ll show you how to fix it.
How can I fix err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security error?
1. Try using a different web browser
Before we start fixing this issue, it’s important to determine if the problem is only appearing in Chrome. To do that, you can use any other browser, but we would recommend using Opera.
The browser is based on Chromium engine, so it’s pretty much similar to Chrome. It’s also worth mentioning that Opera works with all Chrome extensions, which is another plus.
Opera offers some unique features, and it allows you to organize tabs into workspaces. If needed, you can also use the built-in search to find any open tab with ease.
It’s important to mention that the browser has a built-in ad blocker and tracking protection, and for extra security, there’s a free VPN with unlimited bandwidth available.
Overall, Opera offers great features, and if you’re having issues with Chrome, Opera will be a perfect replacement.
Other great features:
- Twitter and Instagram integration
- Built-in messengers
- Personalized news feed
- Battery saver
- Available on all desktop and mobile platforms
Forget all about the annoying err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security error in your browser by switching to Opera browser.
2. Modify the registry
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
- When Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following path:
- Right-click the right pane and choose New and select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter EnableHttp2Tls as the name and set the value of the DWORD to 0.
- Create a new DWORD, name it EnableHttp2Cleartext, and set its value to 0.
- After making these changes, restart your computer.
Keep in mind that these changes might cause your website to load slower. It’s also worth mentioning that this err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security Google Chrome fix applies only to Windows Server.
3. Change Chrome launch parameters
- Locate Chrome shortcut, right-click it, and choose Properties from the menu.
- Navigate to the Shortcut tab. In the Target field add one of the following lines at the end:
After doing that, the HTTP2 or SPDY protocols will be disabled in Chrome.
4. Update Chrome to the latest version
- Click on the three vertical dots from the upper right corner in Chrome. and select Settings.
- Clicking on the About Chrome setting from the left pane will trigger the search for Chrome updates.
- After the update is installed click on the Relaunch button.
Updating your browser may clear this error so make sure you try this solution to get rid of this problem.
Err_spdy_inadequate_transport_security Chrome error can cause problems on your PC, but hopefully, you should be able to fix it using our solutions.