- The insufficient memory available to run setup error 111 prevents you from installing games or Windows programs.
- To fix the issue, run the program as an administrator, use compatibility mode, or extract the ISO files as shown in the article below.
- For more Windows troubleshooting guides, check our Errors section.
- If the issue persists, browse our Memory Issues Hub to diagnose other memory issues.
When installing a game or software on your Windows machine, you may encounter the error 111 insufficient memory available to run setup error.
This error can occur due to several reasons, including permission issues as well as compatibility issues.
Users were able to resolve this error by running the game in compatibility mode, as an administrator or simply by extracting the content of the file to a folder and running the setup.exe file.
In this article, we explore the best solutions to help you resolve the insufficient memory available to run setup error in Windows.
How do I fix error 111 insufficient memory available to run setup error
1. Run the program as administrator
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where the game or program file is saved.
- Right-click on the .exe file.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes if prompted to confirm by UAC.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
Programs and games developed for the older version of Windows may run into permission issues during installation. The best way to troubleshoot this problem is to run the program in administrator mode.
2. Extract the CD/ISO file to C drive
- If you are trying to install from a CD or ISO, do the following.
- Right-click on the CD drive or ISO.
- Select Extract.
- Extract the contents of the package to C drive.
- Open the extracted folder.
- Run the setup.exe file.
- If it fails, run the setup.exe file as administrator.
Several users have reported that extracting the contents from the ISO file or CD to a new folder, and then running the .exe file has resolved the error.
3. Install in compatibility mode
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where the installer is saved.
- Right-click on the installer and select Properties.
- Open the Compatibility
- Click Change settings for all users button at the bottom.
- Check “Run this program in compatibility mode for” box.
- Click the drop-down menu.
- Select an older version of Windows OS.
- Also, check Run this program as an administrator under Settings.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Close the Properties window. Run the installer and check if the error is resolved.
4. Run Memory Diagnostic tool
- Press the Windows key.
- Type memory diagnostic
- Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.
- Click on Restart now and check for problem option.
The system will restart and detect any issues with the memory. At times, you may face issues when installing programs or even Windows OS if one of the memory sticks on your system is defective.
Windows Memory Diagnostic tool will scan the system’s memory for issues and show the results. If you miss the result, you can view it from Even Viewer.
- Press the Windows key.
- Type Event Viewer and open the Event Viewer app.
- Go to Windows Logs > System.
- Open the most recent log with MemoryDiagnostic-Results.
If there no errors, then the error is occurring due to other reasons. However, if there is an error you may need to replace your memory stick or run without the spare one.
The insufficient memory available to run setup error can occur if there is a bug in the program, or due to compatibility and permission issues. Follow the steps in the article one by one to fix the error. Do let us know which method helped you resolve the issue in the comments.
FAQs: Learn more about insufficient memory available error
- What does insufficient memory mean?
The insufficient memory error usually occurs if the system detects less than 520k of free RAM available to run the software. This error can also occur due to other reasons.
- How can I check if my RAM is faulty?
Press the Windows key, type memory diagnostic, and click on the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Restart the computer, and the tool will detect any issues with RAM.
- Can RAM cause no display?
Yes. Most of the time, no display issue does occur due to faulty RAM. RAM issues can also prevent Windows OS upgrade and installation in some cases.