Let’s take a little break from talking about Windows 10, and let’s solve some Windows 8-related problems. In this article, we’re going to show you how to solve error 0x70080025D which prevents Windows 8 from installing.
Before we get to the actual solution, you should know that Windows 8 isn’t compatible with all chipsets, especially with some older Pentium processors, so before you do anything, you should go online and check if Windows 8 is compatible with your processor. But if you’re sure that Windows 8 is compatible with your computer, you can do the following in order to eliminate error code 0x70080025D and install Windows 8 normally.
But be warned that this fix is related to BIOS, so if you’re not sure what you’re doing, you should ask someone else for help. Here’s what you need to do:
- Restart your computer and go to BIOS (On most computers, you need to press Del while the computer starts)
- In BIOS, go to Advanced Options, Processor and then to No Execute Memory Protection
- Change this feature to Enable or On
- Restart your computer and try to install Windows 8 again
If you’re trying to install Windows 8 on a virtual machine, like VM Virtual Box, and you’re receiving this error code, in addition to enabling a No Execute memory Protection feature in BIOS, you also have to enable Virtualization Technology feature. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to BIOS (as shown above)
- Go to Performance
- Change the Virtualization feature to On
- Save changes and exit BIOS
After performing these simple BIOS workarounds, you should be able to install Windows 8 on both virtual machine and regular PC. If you’re somehow still unable to install Windows 8 due to an error 0x70080025D, tell us in the comments, and we’ll try to provide you with an alternative solution.