- If you've seen the error establishing a database connection message in Chrome, this article is just for you.
- There are two things you can do: check credentials for the database connection or make sure your browser is clean and updated.
- Think you have a different issue? See our special page dedicated to Google Chrome errors.
- We've also collected a bunch of useful tips for the Google Chrome browser, to fine-tune it.
Many Chrome users may sometimes encounter the error message “Error establishing a database connection” message when trying to open a WordPress page. This is a very serious problem because they can’t access the websites they administrate.
One user said the following on the official Google forum:
Often, I have got an this kind of issues in my client website (Error establishing a database connection). Below, i have in the screenshot of this problem. Already, We have informed to go-daddy support team. But, they said that this problem is not coming from our side. So, we don’t know how to fix it. Kindly give any ideas to update this issues
So, the OP can’t access the client website. Today we will show you how to fix this issue in a few easy steps.
We know that Chrome is the most popular browser out there. But we also know that it eats a lot of RAM and drains the battery quickly when multiple tabs are loaded.
So why not give Opera a chance? It will feel familiar in the settings area because it’s also based on the Chromium platform. But it also comes loaded with very interesting features.
Most of them are very useful on a daily basis for most users:
- browse pages quicker with the built-in Adblocker
- maintain your privacy with the free, unlimited VPN
- stay safe from online fraud, phishing, and crypto-mining with various protection mechanisms
- Speed Dial, My Flow, and Workspaces are Opera exclusive features for productivity.
OperaMake the switch from Chrome to experience fewer errors and a faster, safer browsing experience.
How can I fix error establishing a database connection error in Chrome?
1. Update your plugins
It is possible that an outdated plugin is causing this issue. You can solve this following the steps below.
- Go to the three vertical dots from the upper-right corner of Chrome.
- Select More tools.
- Click on Extensions.
- In the Extension page, turn on Developer mode and select Update.
2. Disable plugins
If the method above didn’t work, disable every plugin and then start again. Through the process of elimination, you can see which extension causes the problem and delete it.
3. Clear your browsing data
Sometimes, just clearing your browsing data could solve the Error establishing a database connection issue.
4. Check if Chrome is up to date
An outdated browser could cause many problems including the Error establishing a database connection issue. To check if Chrome is up to date, follow the steps below.
If you’ve reached the end and performed everything, then it’s clear that this problem is not generated on your side. Probably wrong credentials for connecting to the database is generating this error or insufficient permissions for the database user.
Fortunately, for the Error establishing a database connection issue, there are some easy solutions to quickly solve the problem. Basically, you just need to make sure your Google Chrome is running smoothly.
Get the best plugins and keep them updated, clear your browsing data, and keep your browser updated.
Did our solutions work for you? Do let us know in the comments section below!