Eve V is a 2-in-1 Windows 10 device that takes on Surface
The Finnish firm Eve is largely known for its revolutionary tablet devices like the first 8-inch Windows 8.1 T1 tablet unveiled last year and its crowdfunded Windows 10 tablet the Eve Pyramid Flipper (or Eve V).
In an interview, CEO of Eve Tech Konstantinos Karatsevidis, shed some light about the company’s upcoming launch of the Eve V hybrid Windows 10 device previously developed under the name Pyramid Flipper. Now, Eve is announcing that its 2-in-1 hybrid device will be officially launched on Indiegogo in the coming month and will also sport Intel’s Kaby Lake processors.
Eve revealed that the Eve V Indiegogo campaign will begin o November 21, 2016, with 500 units being initially up for purchase. The finalized product will be rolled out in early 2017. Moreover, the company announces worldwide shipping of their upcoming product.
It was also reported that the Eve V is currently undergoing “testing stages of development” with prototypes to be shipped to community members very soon. The company further claims that its team consists of experienced members from companies such as Apple and OnePlus. Eve also revealed some big names, like Intel, expressing interest in its project. Customers won’t be required to pay for the venture but will be for the manufacturing process. The company says its hybrid, in addition to being cheaper, will not include the type of bloatware found in other devices for faster operate.
The Eve V is LTE-optional, supports e-pen functionality and is similar to Microsoft’s Surface device with its integrated kickstand. It full specifications are yet to be revealed, but the provisional specs are as follows:
- Display: 12-12.5″ IPS LCD, 2160x1440p or better, Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Intel 7th-gen “Kaby Lake” CPUs
- Graphics: Intel HD, eGPU support
- Pen: N-Trig
- RAM: LPDDR3, 8 GB/16GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB, SSD
- Battery: 10 hours or better, USB-C port for charging
- Wireless: WiFi ac 2×2, WiDi or Miracast wireless streaming, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Camera: Front: 720p HD autofocus or better
- Audio: Stereo speakers or better
- Sensors: Luminosity, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Hall Effect, NFC
- Ports and connections: 2xUSB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A, 1xUSB 3.1 Gen 1 Type C, 1xThunderbolt 3, 1×3.5 mm audio, MicroSDXC
- OS: Windows 10
Eve-Tech is yet to reveal the pricing specification of the device but they had previously indicated that the base model will cost less than €1000 (~$1100) and that the “ultimate model” will be priced at €2000 (~$2200) including taxes. For more news and updates regarding Eve V, subscribe to its official website.