How to enable Exploit Protection on Windows Defender
The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will definitely be Microsoft’s most secure OS. This Windows version features a series of new security features and improvements that will close the door on malware attacks.
Windows 10’s main tool in the fight against malware is its built-in antivirus. Microsoft has added a bevy of new security features to Windows Defender, making it more powerful than ever.
The Fall Creators Update offers an interesting security feature that allows users to configure, and manage Windows system and app exploit mitigation settings from the Windows Defender Security Center.
Windows 10 Exploit Protection
We’ve heard your feedback regarding the upcoming EMET EOL, so we’re excited to announce that starting with this build you can now audit, configure, and manage Windows system and application exploit mitigation settings right from the Windows Defender Security Center! You don’t need to be using Windows Defender Antivirus to take advantage of these settings.
Here’s who to enable Exploit Protection in the Windows Defender Security Center:
- Go to Start > type Windows Defender > double click the first result to launch the Windows Defender Security Center
- Click on App & browser control > scroll to the bottom of the screen to find Exploit Protection
- In the new window, customize system and program settings
- When you’re done, click Apply > OK.
Apart from customizing the Exploit Protection settings, you need to carry out a series of additional actions to make sure that your computer is fully protected against malware:
- Install the latest Windows updates
- Upgrade to the latest OS version available
- Run a full system scan periodically
- Install additional anti-malware tools compatible with your main antivirus, etc.
Have you tested out the new security features available on Windows 10? What do you think about Microsoft’s new approach?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows Defender touted as the safest malware protection tool
- Windows Defender Application Guard is now available on Microsoft Edge
The September 10 Patch Tuesday for Windows 10 version 1903 has arrived. Many users were thrilled about KB4515384, hoping the update will solve many problems. […]
Windows 10 version 1903 has a new non-security update that addresses a problem in which users are unable to use USB Audio 2.0 multi-channel microphones […]
Cisco AnyConnect is VPN software that incorporates advanced protection for blocking malware at endpoints. However, some users have said that they can’t install or launch […]