- Managing the Windows system and app exploit mitigation settings from the Windows Defender Security Center isn’t a complicated task.
- Our team of experts has done thorough researches and listed detailed steps of how to enable Exploit Protection on Windows Defender below.
- This Microsoft Windows Defender section will show you all the latest tips you may apply.
- To help you out, we’ve compiled comprehensive tech guides, so visit our Tech Tutorials Hub too.
Most people tend to say that we currently enjoy Microsoft’s most secure OS. The latest Windows version features a series of new security features and improvements that close the door on malware attacks.
Windows 10’s main tool in the fight against malware is its built-in antivirus. Microsoft has added a bevy of new security features to Windows Defender, making it more powerful than ever.
Users can configure and the Windows system and app exploit mitigation settings with ease. It’s all done from the Windows Defender Security Center.
How can I enable Windows 10 Exploit Protection?
1. Enable Windows 10 Exploit Protection
- Go to Start > type Windows Defender > double click the first result to launch the Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on App & browser control > scroll to the bottom of the screen to find Exploit Protection.
- In the new window, customize the system and program settings.
- When you’re done, click Apply > OK.
2. Additional actions to make sure that your PC is protected
Apart from customizing the Exploit Protection settings, you need to carry out a series of additional actions to make sure that your computer is fully protected against malware:
- Install the latest Windows updates
- Upgrade to the latest OS version available
- Run a full system scan periodically
- Install additional anti-malware tools compatible with your main antivirus, etc.
3. Try out a different antivirus solution
Even if it’s incredibly intuitive, Windows Defender has serious cybersecurity and online banking safety issues.
In the meantime, BullGuard created a product that is popular all over the globe for a good reason. Firstly, this antivirus is surprisingly lightweight and has little to no impact on the system.
Moreover, it’s known for its accurate malware blocking and it’s fully compatible even with earlier Windows versions, including Windows Vista.
Some valuable bonus features include a gaming mode, parental control features, a useful vulnerability scanner, and identity protection modules.
BullGuardBullGuard’s scans are always accurate and reliable, plus it packs a few extra features that come in handy!
Have you tested out these security features available on Windows 10? What do you think about Microsoft’s approach? Do you prefer using a different antivirus solution instead?
Let us know what you are thinking by using the comments area below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The safety of your private life and financial data are at stake here, so Windows Defender isn’t the best option in terms of cybersecurity. We strongly recommend BullGuard as a reliable alternative.
Windows Defender can run quick malware scans of your computer. However, for accurate results, try out these great antivirus tools to remove hidden malware.
As compared to Windows Defender, you have a wealth of better antivirus options with tune up to shield your PC.