- It’s only natural to feel annoyed when ExpressVPN refuses to launch instead of running smoothly.
- You may try to use Command Prompt (Admin) or reinstall the app to solve the issue for good.
- For more helpful fixes like the ones detailed below, check out VPN Errors & Solutions.
- Moreover, it’s in your best interest to visit our VPN Guides Hub too for similar tutorials.
ExpressVPN is one of the best and most popular VPN service providers in the VPN market right now.
But if ExpressVPN won’t launch in Windows 10 or is unable to start service, it may not seem so great after all.
Users also complain about the fact that everything seemed to work just fine and the VPN suddenly stopped launching in Windows 10.
Thankfully, there are known and easy quick-fix solutions to help you get by this problem with ExpressVPN not launching on your PC.
Your wish is to use it for browsing or streaming geo-restricted content on your favorite media channel.
So, use the solutions below if ExpressVPN won’t launch or see an ExpressVPN engine unavailable message.
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Browse the web from multiple devices with industry-standard security protocols.
What can I do if ExpressVPN won’t launch?
1. Reinstall the ExpressVPN app
- Right-click Start and select Programs and Features.
- Look for ExpressVPN in the list of programs. Once finding it, select Uninstall.
- You’ll get a notification after the successful uninstall, so click Close to exit the wizard.
- If the ExpressVPN is still listed as available after completing these steps, right-click Start and select Run.
- Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter to open the Network Connections window.
- Under Network Connections, right-click on the WAN Miniport labeled ExpressVPN.
- You must now select Delete.
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Then, click Network & Internet.
- Select VPN. If you see ExpressVPN as available, don’t hesitate to delete it.
Even if it sounds tempting enough to go for another VPN from the start, we strongly advise you against any rushed decision.
The first thing to do in this case is to uninstall ExpressVPN from your machine. Once deleted, install the app again and see if it helps.
Use the above steps in that regard and don’t miss your chance to stay anonymous anytime you go online.
A single click is all it takes to be protected when using this Express VPN International Ltd. solution.
Don’t hesitate to reinstall this amazing VPN and keep your network data encrypted!
2. Update your ExpressVPN app
Upgrade to the latest version of the ExpressVPN
- Sign in to your account.
- Click Set Up ExpressVPN.
- Select Windows on the left-side menu and then click Download on the right.
- Set up your app.
Set up the app
- Find the download file and double-click on it.
- The setup process will begin with a Welcome screen. Click Install.
- If you get a popup dialogue asking you Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
- Wait while the app is being installed on your PC.
- During installation, you may be asked to close any running instances of ExpressVPN, click OK to close running instances of ExpressVPN, and proceed with the installation.
- You’ll need to install the ExpressVPN TAP driver as part of the app installation process. When you see the Windows Security screen for ExpressVPN Network adapters, click Install.
- You will be notified when the installation process has successfully completed. The app will automatically launch once the process is finished.
- Click Close to exit the Setup Wizard and launch ExpressVPN.
- You can also launch ExpressVPN by locating the ExpressVPN shortcut on your desktop and double click the icon to launch ExpressVPN.
Did this help fix the problem? If not, try the next solution.
3. Use Command Prompt (Admin)
- Press Start and type CMD in the search bar.
- Look for Command Prompt, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
- On the command prompt, type the following command: net start ExpressVPN service.
- Press Enter.
- Launch ExpressVPN again.
Let us know in the comments section below whether any of these solutions worked to fix the ExpressVPN won’t launch issue on your computer.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, ExpressVPN does so. To make any changes in that regard, enter into Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
Yes, you may launch ExpressVPN on your Kodi device and connect it to a server. You should simply open Kodi and start streaming. If this doesn’t happen, check out these useful fixes.
Automatically starting your VPN minimized is a better way to have it running in the background. Right-click on the app, then select Properties > Run> Minimized to make that happen.