- When you're trying to log in to Spotify with Facebook from a new smartphone you might get a login error.
- There are two solutions that you can use to quickly fix this and we explain how in this article.
- Just so you know, Spotify is not an error-free app and we've covered some of the issues and their solution in our dedicated Spotify section.
- More troubleshooting articles can be found in our Troubleshooting Hub.
Spotify is currently one of the most popular audio streaming platforms, very easy to use and access anywhere. You can use either a free, limited plan of Spotify or the premium plan, with ad-free unlimited access to songs and playlists.
Spotify is account mandatory, so you have to create an account on the platform in order to use the services. Or you can log in using Facebook or Apple, in which case the provider will get access to some of your personal details.
When you log in using Facebook, especially on a new device, you sometimes get the error message A Facebook error has occurred. Please try again.
How can I get rid of the Facebook login error on Spotify?
1. Use the Spotify device password
- Log in to Spotify with Facebook from another device.
- Go to your Profile > Account > Set device password.
- Use the Send email to set the password button.
- Copy the username somewhere.
An email will be sent to you to the address you’re using to log into Facebook. Use the give username and password to log into Spotify with the new device.
- Log in to Facebook on the new device.
- Go to the account menu > Settings.
- In the left-side menu choose Apps & Websites > look for Spotify > Edit > Delete.
Then, open Spotify and try to log in using Facebook again.
One of these two methods should help you log in to Spotify with your Facebook account without having to uninstall and reinstall the app, as it’s sometimes recommended.
Should you have any other suggestions, please share it with us in the comments section below.
FAQ: Read more about your Spotify account
- How can I log into my Spotify account?
If you’ve created a Spotify account, you can go to the official Spotify page and log in using your credentials. Alternatively, you can use either your Facebook or your Apple account.
- How do I log into Spotify with Facebook?
Upon opening Spotify, simply click the option to log in using Facebook. Make sure that you’re completely secure by using one of the 4 best social media protection software.
- Can you get Spotify Premium for free?
Yes, there is a free plan, with certain limitations such as ad interruptions or mandatory Internet connection. You also have to create an account on the platform to use the service.