- Many users report that the Factorio Steam invite is not working when trying to play the game together with some friends.
- Solving this issue can be quick and fast, and the first thing you should do is to check your settings.
- Modifying your profile settings in Steam will quickly solve this issue as well.
- If Factorio multiplayer is not working, using a dedicated VPN is yet another quick way to fix it.
As the name suggests, Factorio is a game in which players can build and maintain factories.
With your imagination you can decide how to design factories, and create amazing structures and protect it from other creatures.
Although this is a great game some users report that when playing Factoria they can’t invite friends to join the game.
The game does allow for up to 500 game players in a single game and inviting friends to join Factorio shouldn’t be an issue.
How do I invite friends to Factorio?
Inviting friends to Factorio is quite simple and if you both have unique Factorio accounts you should be able to connect through the multiplayer portal.
We will explore in this article how you can fix the Steam invite not working in Factorio, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix Steam invite not working for Factorio?
1. Change the profile settings
- From your Steam Profile, click the Edit Profile link.
- Click the My Privacy Settings tab.
- Select your privacy state and click on the Public or Friend option.
- Click the Save button.
After making these changes, check if Factorio Steam invite is still not working.
2. Reduce multiplayer lag
If you can’t invite friend in Factorio, the cause of the problem might be lag. Lag issues in Factorio aren’t uncommon, but there’s a way to fix them.
One of the easiest ways of solving this issue is by using a VPN that will help reduce the ping, such as Private Internet Access.
A VPN is perfect for gaming as well, not only for encrypting internet traffic. You can improve packet loss and optimize the network connection when gaming, with a VPN.
This VPN supports up to 10 devices, stores no traffic logs, it’s easy to both use and to set up. As for the number of servers, there are more than 34000 servers available in 77 different countries.
Private Internet AccessUse Private Internet Access for private browsing and lag-free gaming experience.
3. Set up the multiplayer game correctly
- To start playing a multiplayer game click on the Multiplayer button in the Play menu.
- Choose New or Load or Scenarios to host and play.
- Choose Browse or Play on LAN to connect to an already-running game.
In case you can’t join friend in Factorio, make sure that everything is properly configured.
Note: Factorio servers use port 34197. Factorio uses UDP only. The hard limit for the number of players is 65,535
We hope that one of the presented solutions will help you fix the Factorio Steam invites not working.
Please let us know in the comments section below if you have additional suggestions or recommendations.