- Factorio is a construction and management simulation game that you can play with your friends in co-op mode on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Find it on Steam and GOG.
- If you're experiencing Factorio multiplayer lag, use a VPN to eliminate this issue, improve ping and packet loss, and speed up your Internet connection.
- To quickly fix any VPN-related issues, join our VPN Troubleshooting Hub.
- If you frequently have ping issues in damages, visit our Gaming VPN area.
If you have Factorio multiplayer lag, you can fix it with a VPN. Factorio is a construction and management simulation game where you must build factories and infrastructure, harvest resources, research technologies, automate production, and fight various enemies.
It’s available on Windows, macOS, and Linux (Steam and GOG). Unfortunately, many users report Factorio multiplayer lag when trying to enjoy the game with their friends in co-op mode. If you’re looking for a fast and easy way to take care of this issue, you can reduce your ping with a VPN.
A VPN service is not only useful for spoofing your IP address and encrypting your Internet traffic. You can also use a VPN to improve packet loss and optimize your network connection for gaming. But this requires a powerful VPN app with high-speed servers and top-notch security features.
What are the best VPNs to fix Factorio multiplayer lag?
If you’re interested in a quick Factorio multiplayer lag fix, use Private Internet Access (PIA). Designed by Kape Technologies, PIA does a great job reducing high ping and minimizing jitter for gaming, thanks to its fast VPN servers.
PIA also comes in handy if you want to host game servers with a VPN to create LAN parties for you and your friends. If you need to configure firewall rules and easily open ports, you can use PIA’s port forwarding feature.
You can use PIA’s exclusive DNS servers to protect your DNS queries, pick between static and dynamic IP addresses, enable split tunneling, and use the OpenVPN or WireGuard protocols to circumvent geoblocks. It has 24/7 live chat support.
More about PIA:
- +3,300 VPN servers (47 locations)
- Works with Windows, macOS, Linux
- No-logging policy
- Quickly fixes Factorio network lag
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessSet up a fast Factorio VPN network connection with the help of PIA.
An alternative solution for dealing with Factorio multiplayer lag is by using CyberGhost VPN (by Kape Technologies). It’s a secure virtual private network solution that can fix network congestion for gaming.
CyberGhost VPN gives you the possibility to connect to numerous VPN servers worldwide. You can use its split tunneling mode to set up whitelists or blacklists, protect your device from DDoS attacks, and defend your router from hackers.
Moreover, you can use CyberGhost VPN to minimize Wi-Fi packet loss, which is a huge help to handle Factorio lag spikes through a wireless network connection. Besides, it’s the only free VPN on this list.
More about CyberGhost VPN:
- +6,400 VPN servers (89 locations)
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux
- Zero logs
- Handles Factorio multiplayer lag without any issues
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
CyberGhost VPNUse this Factorio VPN tool to quickly reduce high ping, lag spikes, and latency problems.
NordVPN offers a fast and easy solution to reduce Factorio server lag so that you can go back to enjoying the game with your friends. Made by Tefincom & Co., this VPN service can fix Xbox packet loss. Plus, it has something the others don’t: obfuscation mode.
If your VPN connection is refused by the remote host, you can get around this problem by connecting to NordVPN’s obfuscated servers to make it look like a regular HTTPS connection. It’s the preferred solution to turning off your VPN and having to deal with Factorio multiplayer lag.
So, if you need to play Factorio multiplayer with a VPN that doesn’t get blocked, you can trust NordVPN. It has many servers worldwide, uses the OpenVPN protocol to redirect your network traffic, and optimizes your connection for gaming.
More about NordVPN:
- +5,400 VPN servers (59 locations)
- Can be installed on Windows, macOS, Linux
- An ideal Factorio VPN for fixing lag and high ping
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
NordVPNDon't get frustrated in Factorio because of high ping and lag spikes when you can fix these issues with this dependable VPN service.
To summarize, if you can no longer enjoy the Factorio multiplayer due to lag spikes, high ping, and latency problems, use a fast VPN to resolve all these issues without any stress. A VPN can help you fix packet loss and speed up your Internet connection for gaming.
FAQ: Learn more about Factorio and lag
- What causes Factorio lag?
Factorio lag could be the result of various issues, such as network restrictions, ISP throttling, poor connection speed, or incorrect IP configuration on Wi-Fi.
- How to fix Factorio multiplayer lag?
You can fix Factorio multiplayer lag by using a VPN to improve your ping.
- How do I fix Factorio low FPS issues?
You can increase your FPS in Factorio by installing the latest Windows updates, keeping your device drivers up to date, overclocking your GPU, and so on.