Failed to contact Steam product key server error can appear if you try to play a Steam game offline. This error can be rather annoying, and it can prevent you from playing certain games offline. However, there’s a way to fix this problem.
How can I fix Failed to contact Steam product key server error?
1. Make sure the game is available to play offline
- Not all games are available for offline play in Steam.
- In order to play a certain game offline, you need to check if this option is available.
- This varies from game to game, and some developers keep allow you to play their games offline while others don’t.
- If the game doesn’t have offline play feature enabled by default, there’s not much you can do.
2. Run the game online at least once
- Make sure that you have an active Internet connection.
- Log in to Steam and go to your Library.
- Start the game you wish to play while online.
- After a few minutes of gameplay, turn the game off.
- The game will now be available for offline play.
3. Wait or contact Steam support/developers
- In some instances, this problem can occur due to issues with the server.
- If that’s so, try waiting for an hour or so, or for 24h.
- In case the problem is still there, contact Steam support or the game developer.
4. Set up a temporary Steam account
Note: This is just a workaround and it only works with UPlay games or games that use third-party launchers.
- Set up a new Steam account.
- Try to launch the game from the new account.
- Uplay client should now start and you’ll be able to play the game.
There you go, four quick and simple solutions that might help you fix Failed to contact Steam product key server error. If these solutions worked for you, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.