- FIFA 20 is out and already players are complaining about problems running the game on some systems.
- If you were waiting eagerly for FIFA 20 to come out, only to be greeted by an error message when trying to run the game, then you're in the right place.
- For more FIFA 20 content, have a look at our dedicated page where we provide fixes for the most annoying issues.
- If you want to see the latest news, guides and reviews about the best games of the moment, look no further than our Gaming hub.
FIFA 20 is the latest entry in the FIFA game series, and it is set to come with a host of new features.
However, like all of its predecessors, FIFA 20 is plagued with a wide variety of issues from the very beginning.
My fifa 20 doesn’t launch when i click on ” play “
Normally, when you try to access a game that is installed through Origin, the game platform launches first before the actual game.
However, as users described it further down the thread, nothing happens when they double-click the FIFA 20 icon.
A few solutions were found by both users and the EA staff, and this article is here to present them to you in a step-by-step manner.
You try to open FIFA 20 but nothing happens
1. Update your device drivers
There are plenty of ways you can update your Windows drivers:
- Use Windows Update
- Use the Device Manager
- Update the drivers from the manufacturer’s website
- Install dedicated driver downloading software
2. Make sure your Windows is updated to the latest version
- Press Start (the Windows key)
- Select the Settings button (the cogwheel at the bottom left of the Start menu)
- Scroll down the list until you see Update & Security
- Select Check for Updates in the new window, and let whatever updates are available to unfold
3. Check to see if your hardware meets the minimum requirements
1 Check out FIFA 20’s minimum and recommended system requirements.
FIFA 20 for PC is indeed a resource-intensive game so, before trying looking for answers, check to see if your PC cand even run it.
You can head over to EA’s official website and check what are the minimum and recommended system requirements for PC.
2 Check out your own computer’s specs
- Press Start (the Windows key)
- Type in This PC
- In the new window, right-click on an empty space and select Properties
A window will open up and show you some basic information about your computer.
This includes RAM, Processor, the installed OS, etc.
If you want a more detailed information sheet, you could try running a DxDiag, like this:
A new window will open up. Wait for the green bar to fill up, and look at your PC‘s specs.
Switch between the System, Display and Sound tabs as these are the ones you will be most interested in.
4. Change the configuration file to run in DX11
- Go to your Documents folder (This PC > Documents > FIFA 20 or C: > Users > [Your Username] > Documents > FIFA 20)
- Open the fifasetup.ini file with Notepad or your preferred text editor
- Find DIRECTX_SELECT = 1
- Replace the 1 with a 0
- Save and close the file
If your PC‘s specs are way lower than FIFA 20’s minimum system requirements, this is most likely why the game won’t launch.
FAQ: Issues running FIFA 20 on PC
- Why does my FIFA 20 keep crashing?
There could be a problem with your DirectX or your system is out-dated. Make sure you update your PC and change the configuration file as shown above.
- How do you report a problem with FIFA 20?
If you are having issues with FIFA, then you can report them on the EA forums. More information on submitting tickets can be found here.
- Why is my FIFA 20 stuck on the loading screen?
Follow the solutions suggested above. Failing that, you can reinstall the game, which might solve the problem.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.