- FIFA 21 is out and already players are complaining about problems running the game.
- If you were waiting eagerly for FIFA 20 to come out, only to be greeted by an error message when trying to run the game, then you're in the right place.
- To learn more about fixing this amazing game, visit our dedicated FIFA 21 Hub.
- Launch issues can happen to any game, and you can read all about them on our Gaming page.
FIFA 21 is the latest entry in the FIFA game series, and it is set to come with a host of new features.
However, like all of its predecessors, FIFA 21 is plagued with a wide variety of issues from the very beginning.
[…] Today morning I wanted to reinstall origin and FIFA 21 coz of some reason.
Apparently when I reinstalled origin and FIFA 21, the FIFA 21 Launcher opens, but when I click on Play the game just doesn’t launch.
Normally, when you try to access a game that is installed through Origin, the game platform launches first before the actual game.
However, as users described it further down the thread, nothing happens when they double-click the FIFA 20 icon.
A few solutions were found by both users and the EA staff, and this article is here to present them to you in a step-by-step manner.
FIFA games have proven themselves over the years that despite being buggy, they are still worth it.
Get your hands on the latest entry in this franchise and join the pros on the virtual stadiums!
- 700+ teams
- 30 official leagues
- Unparalleled graphics
- 17,000+ authentic players
- Have a career in professional football and grow
- Play as one of the best football teams of the 2021 season
- Playing online can be a pain with an older PC
How do I fix FIFA 21 if it doesn’t launch at all?
1. Update your device drivers
There are plenty of ways you can update your Windows drivers:
- Use Windows Update
- Use the Device Manager
- Update the drivers from the manufacturer’s website
The third option, which happens to be the fastest as most secure as well, is using a third-party driver updater and fixer like DriverFix.
Compared to the other 3 solutions mentioned above, using a dedicated driver updater means you will never download the wrong driver for your hardware model.
More so, you save time by not having to manually visit each manufacturer’s website to get the drivers.
The last reason why DriverFix should be your go-to solution is that it also fixes the drivers that you have, or detects the ones that are missing entirely.
This lightweight and portable tool will detect all of your missing drivers by itself, and update them as soon as possible.
2. Make sure your Windows is updated to the latest version
- Press Start (the Windows key)
- Select the Settings button (the cogwheel at the bottom left of the Start menu)
- Scroll down the list until you see Update & Security
- Select Check for Updates in the new window, and let whatever updates are available to unfold
3. Check to see if your hardware meets the minimum requirements
Check out FIFA 20’s minimum and recommended system requirements.
FIFA 20 for PC is indeed a resource-intensive game so, before trying looking for answers, check to see if your PC cand even run it.
You can head over to EA’s official website and check what are the minimum and recommended system requirements for PC.
Check out your own computer’s specs
- Press Start (the Windows key)
- Type in This PC
- In the new window, right-click on an empty space and select Properties
A window will open up and show you some basic information about your computer.
This includes RAM, Processor, the installed OS, etc.
If you want a more detailed information sheet, you could try running a DxDiag, like this:
A new window will open up. Wait for the green bar to fill up, and look at your PC‘s specs.
Switch between the System, Display and Sound tabs as these are the ones you will be most interested in.
4. Change the configuration file to run in DX12
- Go to your Documents folder
This PC\Documents\FIFA 21
C:\Users\[Your Username]\Documents\FIFA 21
- Open the fifasetup.ini file with Notepad or your preferred text editor
- Find DIRECTX_SELECT = 1
- Replace the 1 with a 0
- Save and close the file
If your PC‘s specs are way lower than FIFA 21’s minimum system requirements, this is most likely why the game won’t launch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check your drivers are up to date, as well as your Windows OS. Additionally, you can try starting the game in DirectX 11 by changing the fifasetup.ini file located in your Documents folder.
If you are playing on console, unplug/turn off your controller and then plug it back in / power it back on. If you are having this problem on PC, you can verify the game files or re-install FIFA to clear the problem.
If you are having issues with FIFA, then you can report them on the EA forums. More information on submitting tickets can be found here.