E-Prime is a premium psychology software tool. It’s used for creating and conducting experiments in this scientific branch. There are rare errors occurring during the creation process. However, you’ll run into a one eventually.
Moreover, one common error is “The file chosen is not recognized by E-Run” which prevents the automatized E-Run from accessing media files you’ve assigned. Solve it by checking the explanation below.
What to do if E-Run won’t recognize files on E-Prime
There are multiple reasons why a multimedia file can’t load into the E-Prime over its automatized feature called E-Run. The most common reasons are:
- The file is corrupted or unsupported.
- The file is already opened.
- Or, the disk has a write protection and thus the application can’t load the file.
With that in mind, we advise you to restart the application and give it another try. You can also try to change the format of the file at hand, as the current format might be unsupported.
The list of supported files contains the following formats:
- .AVI Audio Video Interleave File.
- .BMP Bitmap Image File.
- .EMF Enhanced Windows Metafile.
- .JPEG JPEG Image.
- .JPG JPEG Image.
- .MP3 MP3 Audio File.
- .MPEG MPEG Movie.
- .PNG Portable Network Graphic.
- .TIF Tagged Image File.
- .TIFF Tagged Image File Format.
- .WMA Windows Media Audio File.
- .WMF Windows Metafile.
- .WMV Windows Media Video File.
In addition, it might help running the E-Prime with the administrative permission. Just right-click on its desktop shortcut and open Properties. In the Compatibility tab, check the “Run this program as an administrator” and confirm changes.
After that, the E-Run feature of the renowned psychology software should have access to all files you want to load. If not, reinstall the application and give it another try.
With that said, we can conclude this article. If you have any questions or suggestions, give us a shout in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- These 5 birthday reminder software won’t let you down
- Learn new foreign languages with these Windows 10 apps
- 5+ best dictionary software for Windows 10