- Sometimes Filmora is not opening on Windows 11 and it seems like the X version has the most complaints about this subject.
- To stop Filmora from crashing, the first method is running the OS troubleshooter, which has proven useful for some users.
- Because this issue can be related to driver problems, we strongly recommend updating them to the latest version.
- If Filmora crashes when opening on Windows 11, uninstalling and reinstalling the program might be a useful option.
Wondershare Filmora is a video editing program that has gained a lot of attention lately. However, some users reported that this software is not opening on Windows 11.
Apparently, this issue occurs on the latest version most of the time, called Filmora X. It is worth noting that this applies to software that doesn’t have an active license.
There are some other relevant explanations for this problem, and the most common ones are related to faulty updates for your software components.
We made a selection of the best solutions which are able to repair your video editing app crashes on Windows 11.
What can I do if Filmora crashes when I’m opening it?
1. Check for Windows updates
Checking for general OS updates is a mandatory first action for any kind of troubles you have on your computer.
Some issues might be caused because of not keeping up to date your components. Thus, you should make sure Windows automatically downloaded and applies the latest patches.
However, if this option didn’t work, keep reading this guide to discover the option that will help if Filmora is not opening on Windows 11.
2. Run the troubleshooter
- Open Settings.
- Go to System, then select Troubleshoot.
- Select Other troubleshooters.
- Search for Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, then click on the Run button.
Running the OS troubleshooter will automatically scan and recommend the Filmora related troubles. If your app is still not working, check the options listed below.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the program
- Open Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Search for Filmora, click on the three vertical dots, then select Uninstall.
- Access the manufacturer’s website, then download the version you want.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the program.
4. Update the related drivers
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters, then right-click on the needed graphics driver, and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
Driver update producers are preparing the latest releases, so keep an eye on our articles to get the biggest news.
We made sure to select only reliable solutions for the times when Filmora is not opening on Windows 11. Thus, at least one of these should work for your particular situation.
Checking a complete Windows 11 build review will definitely help you to understand better how the newest OS version works.
In addition, because your feedback is important to us, do not hesitate to share it in the comment section below.