- Sometimes Filmora is not opening in Windows 11 and it seems like the X version has the most complaints about this subject.
- To stop Filmora from crashing, running the OS troubleshooter has proven efficient.
- Because this issue can be related to driver problems, we recommend constantly updating them.
- If Filmora won't open in Windows 11, uninstalling and reinstalling it is also useful.
Wondershare Filmora is a video editing program that has gained a lot of attention lately. It allows you to create great videos, using a wide range of well-built and unique tools.
With its great capabilities, Filmora uses a delightfully intuitive design which makes it easy to use for anyone, without that much experience required.
Even if this is one of the most popular editing programs, some users reported that sometimes it is not opening in Windows 11.
Apparently, this issue occurs most of the time on the latest version, called Filmora X. It is worth noting that this applies to software that doesn’t have an active license.
There are some relevant explanations for this problem, and the most common ones are listed below.
Why isn’t Filmora opening?
➡ Viruses and malware
The first important reason why Filmora can not open in Windows 11 OS is because of diverse viruses and malware, which can seriously harm your video editing app.
This usually happens if you install plenty of third-party programs but do not pay that much attention to details. Such situations can end you up getting threats that will not only affect your apps but also the hardware components.
Thus, make sure you always download programs from trusted sources. In addition, we strongly suggest taking a look at the best antivirus options for Windows 11 to try out today.
➡ Poor updates
Another important reason why Filmora would not be able to open in Windows 11 is because of the poor updates on your operating system.
In these terms, we can talk about general Windows updates, but more significant are the ones related to your video and graphics drivers.
Drivers are those pieces that have the last word when it comes to the optimal work of your apps. So, any incompatibility may harm the good running of Filmora.
➡ Antivirus software
You should also keep in mind that if you use a cracked version, antivirus software can sometimes delete files from Filmora.
Let’s suppose you get a virus and then try to remove it from your computer using antivirus software. It is possible that finally, your files get deleted while removing the virus.
This is a common case for users who lost data after an antivirus scan, so consider that antivirus software may be another reason why Filmora is not opening on your PC.
Having these as a foundation, we made a selection of the best solutions which will repair Filmora crashes in Windows 11.
What can I do if Filmora crashes when I’m opening it?
1. Check for Windows updates
Checking for general OS updates is a mandatory first action for any kind of trouble you have on your computer.
Some issues might be caused because your components are not constantly updated. Thus, you should make sure Windows automatically downloads and applies the latest patches.
However, if this option didn’t work, keep on reading this guide to discover the option that will help if Filmora is not opening in Windows 11.
2. Run the troubleshooter
- Open Settings.
- Go to System, then select Troubleshoot.
- Select Other troubleshooters.
- Search for Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, then click on the Run button.
Running the OS troubleshooter will automatically scan, recommend, and fix Filmora related troubles. If your app is still not working, check the options listed below.
3. Update the related drivers
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters, then right-click on the needed graphics driver, and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
As you’re probably used to automatic driver updates, you should know that you’ll also be able to perform them in Windows 11.
Driver update producers are preparing the latest releases, so keep an eye on our articles to get the biggest news. Until then, you should check the best driver update software for Windows 10.
The newest updates will work in similar terms as in the previous OS version. So, taking a look at the above article will help to prepare yourself for Windows 11 models.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the program
- Open Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Search for Filmora, click on the three vertical dots, then select Uninstall.
- Access the manufacturer’s website, then download the version you want.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the program.
Can I open Filmora on other devices?
Some of you are wondering if Filmora can be opened on other devices than PCs. Note that you can do it, but it is possible that your editing experience will not be the same as on your computer.
However, you can try the FilmoraGo version on the following devices:
- Get FilmoraGo for your Andriod smartphone from the Google Play app.
- Try FilmoraGo for your Apple smartphone from the App Store.
- Set FilmoraGo for your iPad.
Keep in mind that you can use the single-user license on two devices if both are running on the same operating system.
We made sure to select only reliable solutions for the times when Filmora is not opening in Windows 11. Thus, at least one of these will work for your particular situation.
You should also take a look at how Wondershare Filmora X made video editing easy and find out some of its greatest new features.
In addition, because your feedback is important to us, do not hesitate to share it in the comment section below.