- Having a FIPS 140-2 encryption software for your company is extremely important in this day and age.
- This guide gives you a quick overview of the best software solutions available on the market.
- To see some more useful information about our top pick in this guide, explore the detailed WinZip webpage.
- Don't hesitate to bookmark our extensive Encryption and Data Protection Hub for other thorough guides.
FIPS, also known as the Federal Information Processing Standard, is an official accreditation program that allows software to be included in categories based on the cryptographic power each of them has.
This enables you, the user, to easily choose between the levels of protection that you feel you need for your company, just by checking the FIPS 140-2 accreditation validation level.
Using this type of software enables you to protect your company from any third-party interests, maintain confidentiality, and also the integrity of the information stored on your servers/PC hard-drives.
For these reasons, in today’s article we will discuss some of the best software options that support FIPS 140-2 encryption on Windows 10, to ensure you’ll never be exposed to any risks online.
What is the best software that offers FIPS 140-2 encryption?
WinZip is our top pick when it comes to software that enables you to easily use FIPS 140-2 encryption, and it’s by far the best option on the market at this point in time.
This powerful software is incredibly easy to use because of its intuitive user interface, but don’t let that fool you into thinking that the capabilities are not up-to-par with the latest innovations.
Hiding behind its apparent simplicity, WinZip contains an absolute powerhouse of features that will make other software options get out of its way from the start.
Besides the ability to encrypt files by using the FIPS 140-2 encryption, this software enables you to compress large files without loss of quality, can split archives and merge them, add watermarks to images, and even convert files to PDF.
The incredible versatility contained in this easy to use and small-sized software can leave anybody speechless, but it also contains some other useful features:
- Works perfectly on Mac, Windows, and Linux OSs
- Full compatibility with Dropbox, GoogleDrive, and SkyDrive
- Can easily add links to files via email, IM, and social media
- Amazing compression quality and processing speed
WinZipCompress PDFs of any size quickly and efficiently with this powerful and easy to use software.
The Endpoint Protection software from ESET is another very good software option to encrypt your files and folder with a FIPS 140-2 standard.
Beyond the capability to encrypt files easily and efficiently, this powerful software also offers great anti-phishing support and has one of the best detections rates on the market.
One of the most important and useful features that Endpoint Protection contains it’s its ability to be controlled remotely from anywhere on the planet. All you have to do if you’re on vacation is to remember the log-in details for your account and log into the software to change any sort of settings for your PC back home.
Because of this constant connection, you also get notified of any pushing attempts or logins while you’re away from your PC.
Here are some other useful features found in this powerful software:
- Allows you access to useful forensics tools
- Software firewall
- Network attack protection
- Full support for Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi (local), and Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (public cloud)
- Very easy setup
ESET Endpoint ProtectionEncrypt your database with the FIPS 140-2 standard with ease by using this incredibly powerful software.
McAfee Total Protection not only offers you top-of-the-range FIPS 140-2 encryption, but it’s packed in a beautifully designed and easy to understand user interface to top it off.
This great software protects you from a wide range of viruses, malware, spyware and ransomware attacks, while also protecting your privacy online.
The native encryption features of this software ensures full functionality on Mac OS X File fault, and also Microsoft BitLocker on Windows, so you never have to worry about this elements no matter what platform you use.
Some other useful features:
- Driver encryption
- File encryption
- Easy native encryption management from one hub
- Automated encryption process
- Advanced identification and verification of multifactor authentication
We hope that these software options have given you the chance to make an informed decision about the best FIPS 140-2 encryption software on the market.
Feel free to share your opinion with us by using the comment section found below this guide.