Windows 10 firewall blocking Google Chrome [GUARANTEED FIX]
Some users have said that Windows 10’s Firewall blocks Chrome for no apparent reason. The Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app error message appears for those users. One user stated in a forum post,
Every time I boot up my computer, I get pop up from Windows Firewall that some features have been blocked for the same apps: Chrome, Steam, and any steam game that I boot up.
Learn how to fix this bellow.
How do I allow Google Chrome through my firewall?
1. Check the Windows Defender Firewall Permissions
- First, check the Windows Defender Firewall permissions for Google Chrome. Press the Windows key + S hotkey to open the search utility.
- Enter ‘Windows Defender’ in the search box, and select to open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall to open the options shown directly below.
- Press the Change settings button.
- Check all the checkboxes for Google Chrome if they’re not already selected.
- Click the OK button.
2. Disable VPN Adapters
- Users have confirmed that they’ve fixed the firewall error by disabling network adapters. To do that, press the Windows key + X hotkey.
- Select Device Manager to open that window.
- Click the Network adapters category.
- Thereafter, right-click network adapters listed there and select Disable device.
3. Uninstall VPN Software
- The Chrome firewall blockage can be due to VPN software (especially Tunnelbear), and users have said that they’ve fixed the issue by uninstalling VPNs. To do that, open Run by clicking Run on the Win + X menu.
- Enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Open box, and select the OK option.
- Select the VPN software listed within the uninstaller window.
- Click Uninstall to remove the software.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Restart the desktop or laptop after uninstalling the VPN.
- Some users might still need to delete a remaining VPN network adapter. To do so, enter ‘ncpa.cpl’ in Run and click OK, which opens the window shown directly below.
- Then right-click the VPN connection and select the Delete option.
4. Turn Off Chrome Extensions
- Some users might also need to turn off VPN or ad blocker extensions to fix the firewall blocking Google Chrome. Click the Customize Google Chrome button.
- Select More tools > Settings to open the window shown directly below.
- Then users can click the button at the bottom right of each extension to toggle it off.
- Alternatively, press the Remove buttons to delete extensions.
5. Reset Google Chrome
- Resetting Google Chrome will turn off all its extensions, which might fix the “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” error. Users can reset the browser by clicking Customize Google Chrome and selecting Settings.
- Scroll down the Settings app, and then click the Advanced button.
- Scroll down to and click the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Then press the Reset settings button.
Those are some of the resolutions users have confirmed fix the “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” Chrome error. Then users can browse with Chrome without the firewall getting in the way.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Chrome VPN issues with these 6 steps
- ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID error in Chrome [FIX]
- Full Fix: Google Chrome is not responding on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Despite the fact that Chrome is the market holder and the most used browser in the world, it still has some things that can be […]
User data is the next big thing, and the organizations and business are trying to outrun each other in the race. Collecting user data is […]
The HP Deskjet users are reporting issues with the startup error in Windows 10. Namely, at every startup, they see the There was a problem […]