How to fix common Devil May Cry 5 issues on PC
Devil May Cry 5 has been out for a few days now, placing you into the shoes of our favorite demon hunter, Dante. But no launch can be truly flawless, with a few glitches here and there.
We won’t let that spoil your fun, so here’s a list of a few fixes for the most frequently reported issues in Devil May Cry 5.
Steps to fix Devil May Cry 5 bugs
1. Cap Your FPS
This method addresses the issues related to frame drops and spikes.
- Download RivaTuner Statistics Server, install it in your preferred location
- Run it and input your FPS cap. That should fix the problem.
2. Prevent DMC 5 From Frequently Crashing
This method works for touch- enabled screens.
- Open your Windows Task Manager and click on the Services section;
- Locate the Process “TabletInputService” and disable it.
If you’re running the game on regular computers, you can clean boot your machine. Simply turn off any unnecessary apps and programs and then restart the game.
3. How to fix Devil May Cry 5 Stuttering
This method is user friendly, but the creation of backup files is advised.
- Locate your game folder in “Steam/steamapps/common/DMC5”;
- Scroll until you’ve found “dmc5config.ini” and open it with any text editing program you have, keeping in mind to create a backup of this file;
- You’ll need to edit the following sections “Capability=DirectX12 to Capability=DirectX11” and “TargetPlatform=DirectX12 to TargetPlatform=DirectX11”;
- Save changes.
4. Fix Devil May Cry 5 black screen issues
Black screens are a relatively common occurrence in gaming, but that doesn’t stop us from helping you out.
- Start your game;
- Press “ALT + ENTER” to make the game go into windowed mode;
- Access video settings in the game and adjust its resolution to your screen’s resolution;
- Save changes, you can now play the game in fullscreen mode.
If the issue persists, you can use additional troubleshooting solutions, including the ones listed in these guides:
- 3 Easy Steps to Fix Black Screen Issues in Windows 8.1, 10
- Fix Black Screen of Death on laptops in just 2 minutes
5. Fix Audio Sync issues on Nvidia
There have been some instances where the audio didn’t sync properly in cutscenes. But this might help you.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel and select “Manage 3D Settings”;
- Click on Program Settings and select the game from the list;
- Set Vertical Sync to “Fast” and save your settings.
6. Cutscene Black Screen Fix
This solution is similar to the Stutter Fix one.
- Access your DMC5 game directory in “Steam/ steamapps/ common/ Devil May Cry 5”;
- Open the file “dmc5config.ini” and search for this line “UseVendorExtension=Enable”and change it to “UseVendorExtension=Disable”;
- Save your changes.
We hope these fixes were of help to you, in the meantime, we compiled a list of common glitches and bugs reported by players so far.
How has your DMC5 experience been so far? Do let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Game DVR issues on Windows 10
- How to fix corrupted game saves on PC
- Fix: Game audio stops working in Windows 10
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.