FIX: Error 80188301 When Installing Windows 10 Mobile
Windows 10 for phones is finally here (but only for some Windows Phone devices)! Even though the OS is no longer in its early, testing phase, users are still reporting problems. This time we have a problem of getting an error 80188301 when trying to install Windows Phone 10.
Solution to fix Windows 10 Mobile error 80188301
The problem occurs because of the missing base package on the phone, but there’s a solution for it. You just need to rollback your system to a clean and working version of Windows Phone 8.1 and then install Windows 10 once again. You can do this in two ways, by performing a hard reset of the phone and by using Microsoft’s official Windows Phone Recovery Tool. It is completely up to you, because both ways proved to be effective.
In order to perform a hard reset on your Windows Phone device, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until your phone starts vibrating
- When you feel the vibration of your phone, immediately press and hold the Volume down button until a large exclamation mark appears
- Once you see the exclamation mark, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power Power button, Volume down
- Your phone should now reset and restart itself, and you’ll have a fresh, new copy of your operating system
The other way to get your old Windows Phone 8.1 back is with Microsoft Windows Phone Recovery Tool:
- Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable
- Wait for your computer to detect the connected phone and follow the on-screen instructions
- Press Install software to and Windows Phone Recovery Tool will do all the work for you
After you rolled your OS back to Windows Phone 8.1, you just need to re-install the Windows Insider App and install Windows 10 Technical Preview again.
You can download the Windows Insider App from this link.
Additionally, some users also suggested that setting time and date information manually helped them fix this issue. Give it a try as this simple method may be the solution you’ve been waiting for.
Microsoft abandoned Windows 10 Mobile
Windows 10 Mobile is no longer a priority for Microsoft. The company prefers to focus on the Windows 10 desktop version and other essential projects such as the HoloLens project.
There are fewer and fewer Windows 10 Mobile users in the world. It’s safe to say that in just a few years’ time, Windows 10 Mobile will be history. Switching to another mobile platform is a must.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: Lumia MMS APN Settings Are Gone
- Lumia 750: what kind of specifications had the canceled device?
- What’s happening with Windows phones? Is Lumia 735 gone for good?
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2015 as been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Teamviewer is one of the best remote assistance applications, but many users reported that Teamviewer clipboard synchronization is not working. This can be a big […]
Google Earth is incredibly useful software, but some users reported Myplaces.kml not responding message. This error could be caused by either myplaces.kml being damaged, either […]
Realtek HD Audio Manager is one of the most popular audio drivers available. It provides DTS, Dolby and Surround Sound support for the user’s audio […]