Forza Motorsport 7 crashes: Here’s how to fix it
Are you experiencing Forza Motorsport 7 crashes on your computer? We’ve got solutions.
One of the most exciting gaming action is the Forza Motorsport 7, what with the adrenaline, the cool car designs, and speed – every gamer loves speed!
Most gamers who have downloaded and played the Forza Motorsport 7 game have however mused about the consistent crashes they get.
Some say the game crashes when they’re designing the car, going too fast, or at different points of the gameplay. This can be pretty frustrating, especially when you’ve just downloaded the game and you’re all set to get on the track.
One of the known issues of Forza Motorsport 7 crash issue on Windows computer is when Benchmark mode experiences long load times, or even crashes after you run the benchmark test. Annoying, right?
But, worry not, there’s always a way around some of the common game issues faced. Here are some quick fixes to resolving the Forza Motorsport 7 crash issue.
How to fix FM7 crashes on your PC
- Disable Internet and antivirus
- Check if the issue is related to a driver bug
- Use Administrator privileges to fix Forza Motorsport 7 crash
- Update your video card or graphics driver to fix Forza Motorsport 7 crash
- Downgrade the video card driver to an older version to fix Forza Motorsport 7 crash
- Uninstall and reinstall Forza Motorsport 7
Solution 1: Disable Internet and antivirus
You can try turning off your Internet connection, and antivirus program as well, then try to play the Forza Motorsport 7 game.
If this doesn’t work, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Check if the issue is related to a driver bug
Do the following to check this:
- Right-click Start
- Select Event viewer
- Expand Windows Logs
- Click System
If you see any recent red exclamation marks, click on it to see what it says then troubleshoot for the issue it brings back.
Solution 3: Use Administrator privileges to fix Forza Motorsport 7 crash
If you don’t have any, you can ask the administrator to create a user profile for you and give you the rights.
Here’s how to create a new user profile and give administrator privileges:
- Click Start
- Select Settings
- Select Accounts
- Click Add someone else to this PC
- Fill in the form with the user name and password. Your new user account will be created.
- Click on Change account type
- Click the drop-down arrow and choose Administrator to set the account to administrator level
- Restart your computer
- Log in to the new account you just created
Try playing the game using the new account.
You can also right-click on the Forza Motorsport 7 game icon, then click Run as Administrator.
Not yet there? More solutions ahead.
Solution 4: Update your video card or graphics driver to fix Forza Motorsport 7 crash
Here’s how to update drivers on Windows:
- Right-click Start button
- Select Device Manager
- Click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers to expand the list
- See whether there are any devices with either a yellow exclamation mark, question mark, down-arrow mark, or an error notification or code.
- If the driver has a yellow exclamation mark on it, double click on it then open Properties
- Under the Drivers tab, choose Update Driver
Windows will find the appropriate driver for your video card or graphics driver.
Note: You may need to know the name of your graphics or video card, for instance, if it is NVIDIA, AMD or Intel because then you’d have to download directly from the website of either of these.
Solution 5: Downgrade the video card driver to an older version to fix Forza Motorsport 7 crash
Here’s how to go about this:
- Right-click Start.
- Select Device Manager.
- Click Display Adapters.
- Right-click the Display adapter.
- Select Properties.
- Check the version.
- Find a previous version and install it.
Solution 6: Uninstall and reinstall Forza Motorsport 7
You can always uninstall, then clean your system, and reinstall the game back again.
Game Fire is a game booster that will get rid of freezes, lags, low FPS and other issues while playing. Download it now (free) for a better gaming experience.
We do hope one of these solutions worked for you. If not, share with us the specifics of your issue in our comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Forza Motorsport 7 supports permanent VIP credit boosts again
- List of Forza Motorsport 7 compatible wheels and gamepads
- 60 vintage cars are coming to Forza Motorsport 7
Many users complained on Reddit that Windows 10 v1903 update often gets stuck. One user says that is getting the What Needs Your Attention message. […]
Reddit users reported that the new Windows 10 v1903 is causing a spike in the disk usage when switching between Firefox tabs. I don’t know […]
We already reported about UI and design bugs in Windows 10 May 2019 Update in a previous post. It seems like Microsoft wanted to release […]