Many Windows 10 users still can’t connect to the Internet after installing the latest Windows 10 update. More specifically, when users try to connect to the Internet, the error message “No Internet Connection” appears on the screen.
As we already reported, Microsoft has acknowledged this problem and is working on a fix.
We are looking into reports that some customers are experiencing difficulty connecting to the Internet. We recommend customers restart their PCs, and if needed, visit https://support.microsoft.com/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues. To restart, select the Start button from the taskbar, click the Power button and choose Restart (notShut down).
Most users agree that the Internet connection problem is caused by the DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) bugs affecting Windows 10.
How to fix “No Internet Connection” error message on Windows 10
The good news is that the Internet connection issues on Windows 10 can be fixed. Already many users confirmed that the workarounds listed in our fix article “Fix: Wi-Fi doesn’t have valid IP configuration on Windows 10” helped them solve this problem.
Many resourceful Windows 10 users also came across other workarounds to fix the Internet connection issues. Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below:
1. Go to the Search menu > type CMD to launch Command Prompt > Run as administrator
2. Type the following commands and trigger them one after another:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
3. Test your Internet connection.
4. If you still can’t connect to the Internet, renew your IP address.
5. Launch Command Prompt again and and type this command
6. Test your Internet connection one more time.
If you still can’t connect to the Internet, go to Microsoft’s support page and follow the rest of the troubleshooting steps listed there. Hopefully, one of the solutions offered by the tech giant will help you solve this problem.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to: Change Internet Options in Microsoft Edge
- Fix: Err_internet_disconnected error on Windows 10
- Fix: Windows 10 Anniversary Update slowing down Internet speed