- Many users are still asking why is No Man's Sky so laggy years after the release.
- When you get No Man's Sky lagging issues, you should check your system configuration first.
- We're detailing below a sure No Man's Sky lag fix.
- Some recommend uninstalling the game when experiencing issues, but hopefully, you won't resort to that.
No Man’s Sky is an exploration survival game released back in 2016. The game is available on Windows PCs, Xbox One and PlayStation consoles.
Years after the initial release, and several updates, the game is still affected by various issues. Some gamers said they encountered performance issues where the game suddenly started lagging on their devices.
One of the users even turned to Steam and created a thread about the issue. The OP described the issue in the following manner:
The last time I played the game was last year and everything was silky smooth. I was quite happy with performance. I’ve just started it again to check the latest updates and the whole thing is laggy as hell, even after turning settings way down and restarting. I’m currently going from 80fps down to 5fps with no warning, huge hiccups and lag spikes.
Many players from the gaming community responded to the thread confirming they also noticed performance issues. One of them encountered mouse sensitivity issues and reported that textures not loading properly.
How do I quickly fix No Man’s Sky lag issues?
Some gamers suggested updating the video card drivers or clearing the cache. Some players confirmed that clearing the cache worked for them.
It looks like this problem is mainly caused by your system’s hardware configuration.
Big-time gaming can be done without crashes, lags or freezes by keeping all drivers up to date and error-free. Manual checks are hard to perform, that’s why we recommend using an automate assistant that will scan for fresh driver versions daily. Here is how to use it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the newly installed app to detect all your PC’s faulty drivers.
- You will be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you can choose the ones that you want to fix.
- Wait for the driver download and fixing process to complete.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Do not let a bad driver interfere with your games and installed software. Use DriverFix today and run them without a single issue.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
Alternatively, if the problem persists, you can uninstall the game, delete all the folders from your device with a dedicated tool such as IObit Uninstaller and then install the latest updates.
If you’ve successfully tried another method, please share it with us in the comments.