- Paint Shop Pro is a great tool but many users are concerned about Paint Shop Pro and Windows 10 compatibility issues.
- If Pain Shop won’t work for you, there are better alternatives that you can use, such as Adobe Photoshop.
- One way to fix potential issues is to keep both your drivers and Windows up to date.
- Issues with Paint Shop Pro 9 can occur due to your graphics, so be sure to check your graphics card settings.
If you’re experiencing Paint Shop Pro issues on Windows 10, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’re going to show you how you can quickly fix these bugs.
Paint Shop Pro is a powerful photo editing software that helps you create amazing pieces of art. Unfortunately, the tool is also affected by a bevy of compatibility issues on Windows 10 that prevent it from running smoothly.
The good news is that you can quickly fix these issues by following the troubleshooting steps listed below.
If you no longer have the time or patience to follow the instructions listed in this guide, you can switch to an alternative tool. We recommend Adobe Photoshop for this task.
This tool can do everything PaintShop pro does, and also packs some additional features you’ll like.
Adobe Photoshop is one of the best photo editors on the market with a wide array of features for professionals.
How can I fix Paint Shop Pro issues on Windows 10?
1. Update your graphics driver
- Go to Start > type device manager > double-click the first result.
- Open the Device Manager in Control Panel or through Search.
- Go to Display adapters and select the Intel graphics driver.
- Right-click it > select the Update driver button.
- Wait until the update process finishes > restart your PC.
Users report that installing the latest graphics driver updates solves this problem.
For example, one user confirmed that the reason why Paint Shop Pro didn’t work on Windows 10 was because of an old Intel driver that was still there. Hitting the update button fixed the issue.
This is a simple solution, but it might help you if you have issues with Paint Shop Pro 7 on Windows 10.
You can avoid these types of problems by updating the drivers automatically with a specialized software such as DriverFix.
2. Run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Go to Settings and head over to Update & Security. In the left-hand pane, select Troubleshooter.
- Select the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter and run it.
- Once the scanning process completes, you can restart your PC.
If you’re having Paint Shop Pro 9 compatibility issues, try using Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. This tool quickly detects and resolves compatibility issues.
3. Run PSP9 in high-performance mode on dual graphics-cards
- Go to NVIDIA Control Panel and select Manage 3D Settings.
- Select the Program Settings tab.
- Check if PSP is available in the program dropdown menu. If it’s not, add it.
- Click on the Add button and select PSP 9 and then enable high-performance on the NVIDIA processor.
- Click Apply and wait until the system validates the changes
- Launch PSP9 to see if the issue persists.
If your computer has 2 graphics cards, this may explain why PSP9 won’t run on it. Your computer assumes that PSP9 is a low requirement program, and won’t run it in high-performance mode, resulting in a black screen.
4. Update your OS
Make sure that you’re running the latest Windows OS updates on your machine. As a quick reminder, Microsoft constantly rolls out Windows updates in order to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues.
To access the Windows Update section, you can simply type update in the search box. This method works on all Windows versions. Then go to Windows Update, check for updates and install the available updates.
This is a simple solution, but it can help you if you’re having Paint Shop Pro 9 issues.
5. Repair your registry
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now type the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
You can also use Microsoft’s System File Checker to check for system file corruption. The utility verifies the integrity of all protected system files and repairs files with problems when possible.
The simplest way to repair your registry is to use a dedicated tool, such as CCleaner. Don’t forget to first backup your registry in case anything goes wrong.
6. Run a full system scan
- Go to Start, type defender and double click Windows Defender to launch the tool.
- In the left-hand pane, select the shield icon.
- In the new window, click the Advanced scan option.
- Check the full scan option to launch a full system malware scan.
Malware may cause various issues on your computer, including program compatibility issues. Perform a full system scan in order to detect any malware running on your computer.
There you go, we hope that the troubleshooting steps listed above helped you to fix the Paint Shop Pro bugs that you encountered on Windows 10. Use the comment section below to tell us which solution worked for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Was this page helpful?Join the conversationcomments
PaintShop Pro is compatible with Windows 10. The tool will run perfectly smoothly on Windows 10 provided that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
Corel PaintShop Pro is an excellent graphic design and photo editing software but it does not pack as many features as Photoshop. Use these quick fixes if it doesn’t work on Windows 10.
To discover the best programs for photo editing, browse our top picks in this detailed article.
- Now type the sfc /scannow command.