Rising Storm 2: Vietnam often crashes and this is perhaps the most frequent and annoying issue affecting the game. Unfortunately, no crashing patterns have been detected yet: the game can crash on launch, when paused, or randomly in the middle of fierce battles.
The good news is that Tripwire Interactive published a guide on how to avoid and also Rising Storm 2: Vietnam crashes.
Fix Rising Storm 2: Vietnam crashes
- Make sure you meet the minimum (preferably recommended) system requirements.
- CPU: Intel Core i3 @ 2.5GHz or AMD Phenom @ 2.5GHz.
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 5850.
- HDD: 12 GB.
- Delete this game folder : C:UsersUSERNAMEDocumentsMy GamesRising Storm 2 BetaROGame
- Delete the Rising Storm 2 directory completely. It should be located under your documents/ My Games.
- Verify Steam cache. Right-click Rising Storm 2: Vietnam in Steam Library > go to Properties > select Local Files > select the option “Verify Integrity…”.
- Open your Task Manager and check if the shadercompiler.exe file is present. If this is the case, the game may be trying to compile shaders. Wait for a few minutes for the process to finish and the game should eventually launch.
- Run the .exe redist files located in your SteamApps/common/risingstorm2/_CommonRedist location.
- Install the latest Windows OS updates on your computer. Also, update all your device drivers.
- Disconnect all USB peripherals.
- Restart your Steam client.
- Launch Steam as an Administrator.
- Turn off DxTory.
- Verify that Easy Anti Cheat has installed properly.
- If error 0xc000007b appears on the screen, try reinstalling/repairing the following:
Unfortunately, these solutions don’t work for all Rising Storm 2: Vietnam players. If you’ve come across other workarounds to fix these annoying game crashes, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: