Rising Storm 2: Vietnam often crashes and this is perhaps the most frequent and annoying issue affecting the game. Unfortunately, no crashing patterns have been detected yet: the game can crash on launch, when paused, or randomly in the middle of fierce battles.
The good news is that Tripwire Interactive published a guide on how to avoid and also Rising Storm 2: Vietnam crashes.
Fix Rising Storm 2: Vietnam crashes
- Make sure you meet the minimum (preferably recommended) system requirements.
- CPU: Intel Core i3 @ 2.5GHz or AMD Phenom @ 2.5GHz.
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 5850.
- HDD: 12 GB.
- Delete this game folder : C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Rising Storm 2 Beta\ROGame
- Delete the Rising Storm 2 directory completely. It should be located under your documents/ My Games.
- Verify Steam cache. Right-click Rising Storm 2: Vietnam in Steam Library > go to Properties > select Local Files > select the option “Verify Integrity…”.
- Open your Task Manager and check if the shadercompiler.exe file is present. If this is the case, the game may be trying to compile shaders. Wait for a few minutes for the process to finish and the game should eventually launch.
- Run the .exe redist files located in your SteamApps/common/risingstorm2/_CommonRedist location.
- Install the latest Windows OS updates on your computer. Also, update all your device drivers.
- Disconnect all USB peripherals.
- Restart your Steam client.
- Launch Steam as an Administrator.
- Turn off DxTory.
- Verify that Easy Anti Cheat has installed properly.
- If error 0xc000007b appears on the screen, try reinstalling/repairing the following:
Unfortunately, these solutions don’t work for all Rising Storm 2: Vietnam players. If you’ve come across other workarounds to fix these annoying game crashes, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: