The Surface Pro 4 has been affected by a series of screen issues ever since its launch. We’re sure that most users still have vivid memories of all the annoying screen problems that they encountered.
Fortunately, there are many solutions available for most of these issues. However, there’s one bug that’s affecting screen brightness settings which is pretty difficult to fix.
If you can’t adjust screen brightness on your Surface Pro 4 device, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll show you how to quickly fix this problem so that you can customize your device the way you want.
How to fix Surface Pro 4 screen brightness adjustment issues
You can use this fix on all Windows 10 versions, including the Fall Creators Update. Indeed, Windows 10 version 1709 fails to fix this issue, forcing users to find a fix themselves.
1. Detach the keyboard
- Turn on your Surface device and wait until the boot up process is completeat the desktop or such alike.
- Detach the keyboard.
- Use the touch screen in order to perform a reboot.
- When at the desktop again, bring out the notification center. You can do that by swiping the screen from the right. Then use the touch screen to change the brightness level.
- Connect the keyboard and check if the issue persists.
If the option is still not available after you detach the keyboard, unplug all the other peripherals that you may have connected to your Surface Pro 4. Disable all peripherals connected via Bluetooth as well.
It seems that this issue often occurs when you close your Surface Pro without the keyboard attached, and then attached it while in hibernating mode or after waking up the device.
2. Update your drivers
- Go to Start > search for ‘drivers’ > select ‘Update device drivers’
- Go to Display Adapters > select Intel HD Graphics 520
- Click the Driver tab > Update the driver.
You device will install the latest display drivers and the brightness button should be fully functional now.
If you used other troubleshooting methods to fix this screen brightness adjustment issue, you can list the steps to follow in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- The Surface Pro and Surface Laptop are ready for Windows Mixed Reality
- Surface Pro 4 stuck on preparing to configure Windows [FIX]
- The 16 best mechanical keyboards for your Windows 10 PC