- A common Shadow Tactics black screen fix is to reinstall the C++ Redistributable Package.
- Checking for corrupted files may also help in case you get a Shadow Tactics purple screen.
- Many game stop errors occur due to out-of-date system files, so make sure to check this detail as well.
- A general troubleshooting tool is always helpful, also, since the issue may lay with other OS aspects.
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun allows gamers to dive into a world ruled by assassination, sabotage, and espionage. This hardcore tactical stealth game is set in Japan around the Edo period when a new Shogun seizes power over the land.
Players will take control of a team of deadly specialists and sneak in the shadows behind enemy lines. You’ll always need to be one step ahead of your enemies, as you infiltrate mighty castles, set traps, or even poison your opponents.
Just like any game, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun also brings its own share of issues.
As such, many gamers complained about black screen issues during the first start-up.
Game boots to a black screen, both through steam and running the game as admin directly through the launch application in the game folder. When done through steam, pulling up the steam community UI by hitting Shift + tab will prevent me from exiting the steam community
Just to be sure that we eliminate some possible causes, when installing the game, make sure that your system meets the necessary requirements.
Now, let’s see how this game blocker can be fixed so that you can enjoy smooth gameplay.
Note: The same solutions should be useful if you’re faced with a Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun pink screen or even a purple screen.
Usually, black screen errors affect games due to outdated system or corrupted files. These can cause further problems, so it might be useful to check the bigger cause using a general BSoD fixer.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
How do I fix Shadow Tactics black screen issues?
1. Get all the necessary system components
It’s possible that although your system meets the requirements, some components are missing.
In that case, just install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2010 (x86) from the official Microsoft page. It will download the latest full package, replacing the one that you already have.
Relaunch the game afterward and check if you still get the black screen.
2. Install missing Windows updates
This action will solve the DirectX-related problems that may lead to the BSoD issues you’re experiencing.
Just type update in the home screen search bar and open the Check for updates feature. Allow the system to download any missing updates if that is the case.
3. Verify the integrity of the game files
- Restart your computer and launch Steam.
- From the game’s library page, select Manage > Properties.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files… button.
- Steam will start verifying the game’s files. The process may take several minutes.
4. Tweak some game files
Games say that when deleting the gameState.save file, they were able to bypass the black screen issue.
The file should be located in the savegame folder located, at the following location: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Daedalic Entertainment GmbH\Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun\user\gameState_00
If none of the solutions listed above work for you, use this Steam support thread to provide the game‘s developers with more details about the bug.
On the other hand, if you’ve tried other solutions that worked, please share them with other gamers in the comments section.