The Sinking City has already been out for a few days now, and a fair share of bugs have been reported by the gaming community already.
As mentioned in a previous article, the most common issues players have encountered in The Sinking City are as follows:
- Screen tearing
- Low FPS
- Textures appear and disappear randomly throughout the environment
- Lip-syncing is far too off the point
- NPCs are sometimes phasing through solid objects
- Long loading times that get longer as you progress in the game
Here’s what you can do to fix the issues listed above.
How to fix common The Sinking City on Xbox
1. Fix screen tearing issues
The only solution so far that was found for this issue was activating the Vertical-Sync feature from your Video Settings, as it is the go-to solution for all games when screen tearing is involved
2. Low FPS, textures appear and disappear
No current explanation or fix has been found for these issues, but they will most likely be solved by updating your Xbox’s firmware version, or in a future game patch.
3. Lip-syncing is far too off the point
Unfortunately, this bug is more of a game-related issue rather than something that is caused by your hardware. This means that the only way this issue may be fixed is also through future patching.
4. NPCs are sometimes phasing through solid objects
As with the previous bug, this seems to be a result of faulty game design, and as such can only be fixed in future patches.
5. Long loading times that get longer as you progress in the game
This is most likely caused by an inefficiency in the way data is managed within the game, and can only be solved by a major game patch.
As a general word of advice, try manually saving as often as possible. This is because of the general state of the game and the high amounts of reports of players that claimed they got stuck and couldn’t progress.
As such, in case you do end up stuck somewhere yourself, at least you’ll have a loading point close by.
As you can see, most of these issues can only be solved by the game developer. Hopefully, a major The Sinking City hotfix will land in the coming weeks.