- uTorrent is an essential app for downloading your favorite media like movies or music albums.
- In this article we're offering the best solutions to fix the issues that usually cause uTorrent to crash.
- Check out the most complex information on this app at our thorough uTorrent Hub.
- See which are the latest and best software developments by accessing our PC Tools section.
uTorrent is one of the world’s most used software that eases downloading and distributing of large amounts of files.
Its convenience is coupled with the fact that you don’t need to worry about link breakdowns or having to wait to shut down your machine until all downloads are complete.
These characteristics and many others make uTorrent a favorite among over 150 million monthly users.
As soon as your internet connection is back up, uTorrent, which relies on peer-to-peer sharing, resumes the download process from wherever it stopped or was interrupted.
It is highly recommended to secure your personal info while downloading uTorrent files, check out this guide on hiding your IP address.
However, there have been some complaints about uTorrent not responding in Windows 10. This article outlines a few troubleshooting issues and solutions to resolve them.
What to do if uTorrent won’t respond?
1. Use Vipre Antivirus
Vipre Antivirus is an intelligent and fast anti malware solution that is specially developed to not interfere with other programs.
This tool is able to block over 99% of all threats by using the latest technology, without slowing down your device. The anti-tracking feature doesn’t allow strangers to see the sites you visited and so you are safe from identity theft and information phishing.
It is also highly efficient in protecting your webcam and mic from any external attempts of hacking. You also get a personal protection feature that prevents and blocks cyber attacks and keeps your data secure.
Make the best of your browsing sessions in total safety and at optimum speed thanks to the Virtual Private Network (VPN) service, compatible with Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.
You can also check out the best VPN tools designed especially for uTorrent.
Among other essential features that make this software stand out is the dark web scanner that lets you know if your personal data was sold on the internet.
Vipre AntivirusEnjoy a fast and secure online experience with a non-interfering advanced antivirus!
2. Change security settings
2.1. Disable or uninstall firewall
One solution to fixing uTorrent not responding is to disable the firewall and reboot your computer.
In case you already have a strong antivirus then you need to uninstall unnecessary firewall software that usually causes uTorrent to crash regularly. The problem might be caused by tool such as V-Com System Suite, Norman Personal Firewall, NVIDIA Firewall or Cybersitter.
2.2. Adjust antivirus settings
For those who have Avast antivirus, you need to disable the P2P shield feature, in order to enjoy your uTorrent download sessions.
The Spyware Doctor 5 tool usually causes uTorrent to freeze during the installation process. To solve this issue you can uninstall it and choose an antivirus that doesn’t interfere with uTorrent, like the one we recommended in this article.
If you are using an antimalware software like Outpost Pro, you need to exclude uTorrent from its rules in order to fix the issue
3. Change the copy of the torrent
There are also instances when you may encounter that uTorrent is stuck at a certain percent of the download process. A problem like that is caused by the fact that your copy of the torrent is incomplete, unavailable or it lacks seeders. In this case you might need to get another version of the file you want to download.
4. Modify uTorrent associations
- Open uTorrent, got to Options.
- Open Preferences, choose General.
3. Click Associate with torrent files.
5. Back up uTorrent settings
- Press Windows+R to open Run.
- Type %appdata%uTorrent.
3. Press Enter, the torrent files are moved from the Roaming folder into the AppData folder.
4. Follow this guide to Uninstall uTorrent.
5. Reinstall uTorrent
6. Access the Preferences option under File menu to set download location as the folder for incomplete downloads.
7. Open all .torrent files using uTorrent
There are various causes that might be at the root of uTorrent not responding and we presented you with the most common ones as well as the solution to each of them.
We’d like to hear more from you on this subject, so drop us a comment by accessing the section below.
FAQ: Learn more about uTorrent
- How do you fix uTorrent not responding?
See how you can easily solve uTorrent errors with the help of this user friendly and complex uTorrent guide.
- Why has my uTorrent stopped working?
If you notice that uTorrent is stuck on connecting to peers and not downloading, then we can show you how to fix it.
- Why is uTorrent not working on my phone?
The solution to this problem could require that you get to get the right Android app for uTorrent downloads.