- To keep your Windows 10 system working correctly, you will need to do some regular maintenance.
- By far the easiest method is to use a dedicated tool which analyzes your system and repairs any faults.
- We regularly review Windows 10 programs to increase productivity and for general PC maintenance on our in-depth Windows Tools Page.
- If you're on the lookout for the best Windows 10 software to keep your system running fast, check out our comprehensive Software Section.
Regardless of the operating system that you are using, you will definitely come across potential issues that are able to prevent its smooth operation.
Your Recycle Bin may not refresh correctly, or your right-click context menu might have been disabled in Internet Explorer. Maybe after a malware attack, you find out that your Registry Editor may have been disabled.
Lots of things can go wrong. Fortunately, there are lots of tools available on the market that come with high-quality features and functionalities and help you fix the most common issues of Windows 10 and more.
We picked out 4 of the best utilities that come in handy when it comes to troubleshooting and fixing Windows 10-related issues.
Make sure to check out their sets of features and all of their advantages before deciding which one is the best for your needs.
Restoro is a powerful Windows 10 repair tool which encompasses the functionality of multiple PC repair tools. With one click, Restoro will do a full system scan, starting at a hardware level and checking everything up to registry entries.
Once the scan is complete, you will see a simple summary of the findings and you can action them individually or in bulk with one click.
Unlike traditional PC repair tools, Restoro offers real-time malware protection and informs you when you access dangerous websites. Moreover, you can try Restoro risk-free as it offers a money-back guarantee should you not be satisfied with the results.
If you have any queries about using Restoro, the friendly customer support staff is available 24/7 to help you diagnose and fix any issues you encounter.
Have a look at all the features Restoro manages to condense into one package:
- Real-time malware protection
- Disk space analysis and cleanup
- Registry cleaning
- DLL restoration and replacement
- Fix error messages
- Virus removal and protection
Keep your Windows 10 system running like new and fix any errors by using Restoro.
Windows Repair is another utility that comes with lots of fixes for Windows 7.
This great tool will allow users to repair the common issues with your computer as the firewall, file permission and all kinds of Windows Update problems.
When you’re using this tool, you will be able to select the exact fixes that you would like to launch before starting the repair processes.
This small tool also comes in a portable version that will allow users to use the program from a portable device including USB flash drive.
Check out the best features that are included in this tool:
- Windows Repair is able to reset Registry Permissions and File Permissions as well.
- With this tool, you will be able to register System Files and repair WMI, Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer, MDAC & MS Jet, Hosts File and more.
- You can also remove policies set by infections.
- Windows Repair allows you to remove temp files and repair proxy settings as well.
- You will be able to unhide the non-system files and repair Windows Updates.
- You can also repair CD/DVD Missing or Not working.
Download Windows Repair and give this great tool a try to see how it works on your computer running Windows 7.
Fix WMP Utility
Fix WMP Utility is a useful tool that was designed to help users fix the issues that are encountered in Windows 7 when using the Windows Media Player and more.
This great application will attempt to solve the problems that are caused by the registration of particular DLL files that are used by the media player.
This tool is able to handle problems that are caused by more than 40 software components and recreate the registry keys that are required for playing media files.
Such issues might be caused by system crashes or by all kinds of cyber attacks that result in corrupting the registration of essential components.
If you receive error messages that have to do with DLL components, you will be able to use this tool.
Check out the essential features and advantages that it comes with:
- This is a portable program that can be used without needing any installation.
- You can use this tool on any computer that runs into troubles and has Windows 7 installed.
- Its interface is effortless to understand and use, and you don’t even need any troubleshooting experience.
- All you will have to do is click one button to re-register all the DLL components.
This will turn out to be a useful tool especially if you want a quick fix and you’re not very interested in finding out the exact nature of the problem.
Fix WMP is ideal when you don’t want to waste time online looking for system components’ issues.
Microsoft Fix It Center
Microsoft Fix It Center is another excellent solution for your system running Windows 7. This app scans your Windows PC for all kinds of issues, and it will fix the ones that it can.
It will also download the latest updates and solutions from Microsoft.
One of the best things about hits tool is that it covers all the aspects of your system from performance to crashes, hardware devices, and audio.
Take a look at the most important features that you will be able to enjoy if you do decide to use this tool:
- The tool’s installation requires a fast and easy process, and after you install the tool, you’ll see that it comes with an effortless to use interface.
- The interface comes with a list of issues that you will be able to scroll through.
- After you click on the Run button, a scan of your whole system will begin.
- When the tool finds a problem, it will suggest a fix for it.
- You will get the chance to apply fixes automatically, and you can also choose them manually.
- You will be able to sign in via a Windows Live account, and this will allow for more online solutions and remote management of more computers.
- Microsoft Fix It Center also prevents various issues before they get worse.
This tool is perfect for non-technical users because it’s really effortless to use. This app will look over your Windows 7 system and a vast range of potential issues that might pop up.
Download Microsoft Fix It Center and see how it works on your computer.
FAQ: Fixing Windows 10 Errors
- How do I fix Windows Update errors?
You can use the built-in troubleshooting tool by going to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update.
- Does Windows 10 have a repair tool?
Windows 10 allows you to fix errors using the built-in troubleshooting tool. To access the various troubleshooting wizards, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Here you will find a list of the available repair tools.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.