- There are various kinds of repair tools for different issues on Windows 7.
- The operating system has some repair tools that can fix system files and memory issues, among other problems.
- This list contains some top-notch repair tools that work on major Windows OS from XP and Vista down to Windows 11.
Regardless of how tech-savvy or careful you are on Windows 7 or the operating systems, there will be a time you will need a repair tool to fix some issues on your PC.
This is because the OS is not perfect and issues are bound to show up at times. In this guide, we handpicked some of the best repair software you can always use to restore normalcy on your PC.
Does Windows 7 have a repair tool?
Windows 7 has a series of built-in repair tools just like its successors and some of its predecessors. There is the Startup repair tool that fixes all sorts of startup issues.
Also, you can run the SFC scan to fix broken or corrupt system files, among other repair tools on this operating system.
What is the best software to fix Windows 7 errors?
Fortect – Overall optimized Windows 7 repair tool
Fortect is a powerful Windows 7 repair tool with a free trial period. It encompasses the functionality of multiple PC repair tools.
With one click, Fortect will do a full system scan, starting at a hardware level and checking everything up to registry entries.
Once the scan is complete, you will see a simple summary of the findings and you can action them individually or in bulk with one click.
Moreover, you can try Fortect risk-free as it offers a money-back guarantee should you not be satisfied with the results.
If you have any queries about using Fortect, the friendly customer support staff is available 24/7 to help you diagnose and fix any issues you encounter.
Have a look at all the features Fortect manages to condense into one package:
- Disk space analysis and cleanup
- Registry cleaning
- DLL restoration and replacement
- Fix error messages
FortectRestore your system to a healthy condition by using Fortect.
Iolo System Mechanic Ultimate Defense – Portable tool
Iolo System Mechanic Ultimate Defense is a useful tool that was designed to help users fix the issues that are encountered in 10, 8, 8.1, 7 (XP/Vista up to v18.104.22.168) when using the Windows Media Player and more.
This great application will attempt to solve the problems that are caused by the registration of particular DLL files that are used by the media player.
This tool is able to handle problems that are caused by more than 40 software components and recreate the registry keys that are required for playing media files.
Such issues might be caused by system crashes or by all kinds of cyberattacks that result in corrupting the registration of essential components.
If you receive error messages that have to do with DLL components, you will be able to use this tool.
This will turn out to be a useful tool especially if you want a quick fix, and you’re not very interested in finding out the exact nature of the problem. It is ideal when you don’t want to waste time online looking for system components’ issues.
Lastly, it is a Windows 7 repair tool that can be used on a USB flash drive.
Check out the essential features and advantages that it comes with:
- This is a portable program that can be used without needing any installation
- You can use this tool on any computer that runs into troubles and has a Windows system installed
- Its interface is effortless to understand and use, and you don’t even need any troubleshooting experience
- All you will have to do is click one button to re-register all the DLL components
Iolo System Mechanic Ultimate DefenseSolve most Windows problems and enjoy a faster PC with fewer errors.
Microsoft Fix It Center – Easy-to-use tool
Microsoft Fix It Center is another excellent Windows 7 repair tool that scans your PC for all kinds of issues.
It will also download the latest updates and solutions from Microsoft.
One of the best things about this tool is that it covers all the aspects of your system from performance to crashes, hardware devices, and audio.
This tool is perfect for non-technical users because it’s really effortless to use. This app will look over your Windows 7 system and a vast range of potential issues that might pop up.
Take a look at the most important features that you will be able to enjoy if you do decide to use this tool:
- The tool’s installation requires a fast and easy process, and after you install the tool, you’ll see that it comes with an effortless to use interface
- The interface comes with a list of issues that you will be able to scroll through
- After you click on the Run button, a scan of your whole system will begin
- When the tool finds a problem, it will suggest a fix for it
- You will get the chance to apply fixes automatically, and you can also choose them manually
- You will be able to sign in via a Windows Live account, and this will allow for more online solutions and remote management of more computer
- Microsoft Fix It Center also prevents various issues before they get worse
Tweaking Windows Repair – Lightweight Windows 7 repair tool
The last tool on our list of Windows 7 repair tools is an effective one you can use without a CD.
This is because of the dated UI, but make no mistake, this tool is perfectly capable of doing its job just right, even on the more modern Windows 10.
Tweaking Windows Repair allows you to perform all of the most basic repair and optimization tasks that you could expect from such a tool, from the registry and RAM repair to DLL fixing and replacing,
This, coupled with the fact that the tool itself is extremely lightweight, makes it a great addition to anyone’s digital library, especially those of you that have older PCs still running Windows 7.
Check out the best features that are included in this tool:
- Windows Repair tool is able to reset Registry permissions and file permissions as well
- With this tool, you will be able to register System Files and repair WMI, Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer, MDAC & MS Jet, Hosts File, and more
- You can also remove policies set by infections
- Windows Repair allows you to remove temp files and repair proxy settings as well
- You will be able to unhide the non-system files and repair Windows Updates
- You can also repair CD/DVD missing or not working
We hope that our software recommendations were helpful. For more suggestions, please access the comments section below.