- In a world where everything is visual-based, a flowchart will send much more information that a page full of text, so a well-designed one will do wonders.
- The colors and shapes need to attract the reader's attention, but they also need to highlight whatever information is on them.
- If you plan on creating flowcharts using templates, Adobe Illustrator will provide you with all the designs and tools that you will ever need.
- For more creative articles like the one below, check out our Graphic and Design page.
Flowcharts are a great way of conveying information to the public in a modern and concise way. They need to be colorful and well-designed in order to draw a reader’s attention but created in such a way that the focus goes on the information that is transmitted, and not anything else.
Creating them is no easy task, as not everyone has the imagination of starting one from scratch. That being said, the most obvious solution for creating great flowcharts is starting off from a template, and then customizing from there.
Of course, this is easier said than done, since there aren’t many programs out there with a library of flowchart templates that make them worthwhile.
However, one graphic design tool does stand out, as it not only has plenty of templates for flowcharts, it has plenty of templates for pretty much everything you can imagine: Adobe Illustrator.
Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based graphic design tool that was first developed for the macOS. However, popular demand made it so that the program managed to make its way onto the Windows PC platform as well, and it is now supported on Windows 10, too.
The product is a world-standard in graphic design, but that doesn’t mean that it is necessarily premium and exclusive.
On the contrary, you can try Adobe Illustrator for free for up to 7 days before choosing whether to buy a full license or not.
What are Adobe Illustrator templates?
Templates can be perceived as semi-finished products that you only need to fill out with your own personal details, thus allowing you to create new documents that share common settings and design elements.
For example, if you want to create several flowcharts that look and feel the same, but are different, then you can create a template with the desired size, settings, and print options.
You can also include symbols for common design elements, like logos, as well as certain sets of color swatches, brushes, and graphic styles.
How do I use Adobe Illustrator’s flowchart templates?
Illustrator comes with a variety of templates included in its library. These include templates for brochures, labels, certificates, postcards, flowcharts, websites, and more.
Besides the one included with the base program, templates can also be downloaded separately from Adobe’s websites, but you can also try user-created content s well.
When a template is selected via the New From Template command, Illustrator creates a new document with identical content and document settings as the template but leaves the original template file untouched.
When trying to create a new project starting from a pre-existent template, do one of the following:
- Choose File, and then select New From Template.
- Choose File, and go to New.
- In the New Document dialog box, click Templates.
- When you are in the Welcome screen, select From Template in the Create New list.
- In the New From Template dialog box, find and select a template that you wish to use as a basis, and click New.
FAQ: Learn more about Adobe Illustrator templates
- Does Adobe Illustrator have templates?
Yes, Adobe Illustrator fully supports the use of proprietary and third-party templates, and this can be further expanded with the use of dedicated plugins.
- Are Adobe Illustrator templates free?
Adobe Illustrator comes with plenty of templates included, and there are tons of websites where you can download even more user-created content for free. More so, Abode Illustrator itself can be downloaded and tested for free for 7 days.
- Can I create my own Adobe Illustrator templates?
Yes, you can create your own templates and even save them for later use. You can also do the same with Adobe Photoshop templates as well.
There are other software tools that can help you with creating flowcharts, and some of them even come with a few good templates as well. However, Adobe Illustrator proved to be the best when it came to designing every last detail.
More so, no other third-party tool can match its template library so there’s little chance your flowcharts will ever look similar to anyone else’s.