- The Football Manager 2016 crash dump may be caused by some extra graphics installed.
- You can try fixing this issue by deleting the graphics that are causing this problem.
- Changing the GPU Rendering to Software can also solve this issue.
- Make sure you have all your drivers updated because this can cause this kind of crashes.
Football Manager 2016 might not be as popular as Pro Evolution Soccer or FIFA 16, but it’s still a great game with loyal fanbase.
Speaking of which, it has been reported that Football Manager 2016 has some issues on Windows 10, so let’s see how to resolve them.
How can I fix Football Manager 2016 issues on Windows 10?
- Football Manager 2016 crashing
- Football Manager 2016 black screen
- Football Manager 2016 no sound
- Football Manager 2016 won’t install
Fix – Football Manager 2016 crashing
1. Delete all installed graphics
- Go to the following folder:
C:\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016
- Locate the graphics folder and delete it.
Football Manager 2016 players have experienced crashing issues, and according to them, these issues are caused by installed graphics such as kits, logos, etc.
If you are using any skins, it’s recommended to delete them by following the steps above.
2. Delete your preference files
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run dialog. Enter %localappdata% and press Enter or click OK.
- Go to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016 folder.
- Delete the Preferences folder and start the game again.
Sometimes crashes can be caused by corrupted preference files, and if that’s the case, we advise you to delete corrupted preference files. To do that follow the steps above.
We have to point out this folder isn’t related to your save game, and your saved games will remain intact even if you delete this folder.
3. Verify game cache
- Start Steam and go to your game library.
- Locate Football Manager, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Go to Local Files tab and click Verify integrity of game cache button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
If certain core files are missing, that can cause Football Manager 2016 to crash, so it’s advised you verify integrity of game cache. To do that, follow the steps above.
4. Change GPU Rendering to Software
- Start Football Manager 2016, go to Preferences, and select Interface.
- Go to General panel and change Rendering mode to Software.
- Save the changes.
If Football Manager 2016 is crashing on your computer, be sure to set the GPU Rendering to Software. To do that, follow the steps above.
5. Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date
Sometimes Football Manager 2016 crashes are caused by outdated graphics card driver, so be sure to update it. You can find all the necessary updates on your graphics card manufacturer’s website.
6. Turn off your antivirus
In some cases, your antivirus software can interfere with Football Manager 2016 and cause the game to crash. If that’s the case, you might have to temporarily disable your antivirus before you start the game.
7. Disable your audio devices
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager opens, go to Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Right-click the audio device and choose Disable. Repeat this process for all audio devices.
- Close Device Manager and start the game.
This is peculiar solution, but it can be helpful with Football Manager 2016 crashes.
Sometimes crashes can be caused by your audio device, and some users are suggesting that you disable it before starting Football Manager 2016. To do that, follow the steps above.
Your game will run without sound, but that’s normal because you’ve disabled audio devices. If crashing has been fixed, it means the problem is most likely related to your audio driver, so you should update it.
After you’ve done with Football Manager 2016, make sure to go back to Device Manager and enable your audio devices.
These are some of the ways to fix the FM 2016 crash dump in Windows 10 so make sure you try them.
Fix – Football Manager 2016 black screen
1. Run the game in borderless window mode
- Open Steam and go to your game library.
- Find Football Manager 2016 and right-click it. Choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to General tab and click Set Launch Options.
- Enter the following:
- Click OK and start Football Manager 2016 again.
Users have reported issues with black screen in Football Manager 2016, and in order to fix this issue, it recommended to run the game in windowed or borderless window mode.
To run Football Manager 2016 in windowed mode, follow the steps above.
Fix – Football Manager 2016 no sound
1. Disconnect USB peripherals and update audio drivers
If you have any problems with sound in Football Manager 2016, it’s recommended you unplug any USB peripherals, such as your printer or external hard drive, before starting the game.
In addition, you might want to upgrade your audio drivers.
Updating drivers manually is OK, but it can also be tricky and time-consuming. The easiest way is to use a dedicated software that will do that automatically.
The software recommended below will update and repair all the problematic drivers in just a single action with only a few clicks.
Big-time gaming can be done without crashes, lags or freezes by keeping all drivers up to date and error-free. Manual checks are hard to perform, that’s why we recommend using an automate assistant that will scan for fresh driver versions daily. Here is how to use it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the newly installed app to detect all your PC’s faulty drivers.
- You will be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you can choose the ones that you want to fix.
- Wait for the driver download and fixing process to complete.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Do not let a bad driver interfere with your games and installed software. Use DriverFix today and run them without a single issue.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
Fix – Football Manager 2016 won’t install
1. Disable your antivirus
If you have issues with installing Football Manager 2016, you try disabling your antivirus. After you’ve disabled your security software, try to install Football Manager 2016 again.
These are some of the most predominant Football Manager 2016 issues on Windows 10, and we hope that our solutions have helped you fix these issues.
The FM 2016 crash dump error is the worst in our list but our solutions will help you fix it in no time. Leave us a comment in the section below if you have more ideas.