Football Manager 2016 might not be as popular as Pro Evolution Soccer or FIFA 16, but it’s still a great game with loyal fanbase. Speaking of which, it has been reported that Football Manager 2016 has some issues on Windows 10, so let’s see how to resolve them.
Fix Football Manager 2016 On Windows 10
Fix – Football Manager 2016 crashing
Solution 1 – Delete all installed graphics
Football Manager 2016 players have experienced crashing issues, and according to them, these issues are caused by installed graphics such as kits, logos, etc. If you are using any skins, it’s recommended to delete them by following these steps:
- Go to Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2016/
- Locate graphics folder and delete it.
Solution 2 – Delete your preference files
Sometimes crashes can be caused by corrupted preference files, and if that’s the case, we advise you to delete corrupted preference files. To do that follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run dialog. Enter %localappdata% and press Enter or click OK.
- Go to Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2016 folder.
- Delete the Preferences folder and start the game again.
We have to point out this folder isn’t related to your save game, and your saved games will remain intact even if you delete this folder.
Solution 3 – Verify game cache
If certain core files are missing, that can cause Football Manager 2016 to crash, so it’s advised you verify integrity of game cache. To do that, follow these steps:
- Start Steam and go to your game Library.
- Locate Football Manager, right click it and choose Properties.
- Go to Local Files tab and click Verify integrity of game cache button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Solution 4 – Change GPU Rendering to Software
If Football Manager 2016 is crashing on your computer, be sure to set the GPU Rendering to Software. To do that, follow these steps:
- Start Football Manager 2016 and go to Preferences > Interface.
- Go to General panel and change Rendering mode to Software.
- Save changes.
Solution 5 – Make sure that your graphic drivers are up to date
Sometimes Football Manager 2016 crashes are caused by outdated graphic card driver, so be sure to update it. You can find all the necessary updates on your graphic card manufacturer’s website.
Solution 6 – Turn off your antivirus
In some cases, your antivirus software can interfere with Football Manager 2016 and cause the game to crash. If that’s the case, you might have to temporarily disable your antivirus before you start the game.
Solution 7 – Disable your audio devices
This is peculiar solution, but it can be helpful with Football Manager 2016 crashes. Sometimes crashes can be caused by your audio device, and some users are suggesting that you disable it before starting Football Manager 2016. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager opens, go to Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Right click any audio device and choose Disable. Repeat this process for all audio devices.
- Close Device Manager and start the game.
Your game will run without sound, but that’s normal because you’ve disabled audio devices. If crashing has been fixed, it means problem is most likely related to your audio driver, so you should update it. After you’ve done with Football Manager 2016, make sure to go back to Device Manager and enable your audio devices.
Fix – Football Manager 2016 black screen
Solution – Run the game in borderless window mode
Users have reported issues with black screen in Football Manager 2016, and in order to fix this issue, it recommended to run the game in windowed or borderless window mode. To run Football Manager 2015 in windowed mode, follow these steps:
- Open Steam and go to your game Library.
- Find Football Manager 2016 and right click it. Choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to General tab and click Set Launch Options.
- Enter the following:
- -small_screen -windowed
- Click OK and start Football Manager 2016 again.
Fix – Football Manager 2016 no sound
Solution – Disconnect USB peripherals and update audio drivers
If you have any problems with sound in Football Manager 2016, it’s recommended you unplug any USB peripherals, such as your printer or external hard drive, before starting the game. In addition, you might want to upgrade your audio drivers.
Updating drivers manually is very annoying, so we recommend you to download this driver updater tool (100% safe and tested by us) to do it automatically. Thus, you will prevent file loss and even permanent damage to your computer.
Fix – Football Manager 2016 won’t install
Solution – Disable your antivirus
If you have issues with installing Football Manager 2016, you try disabling your antivirus. After you’ve disabled your security software, try to install Football Manager 2016 again.
These are some of the most predominant Football Manager 2016 issues on Windows 10, and we hope that our solutions have helped you fix these issues.