The Forge – Halo 5: Guardians edition is due to be released for Windows 10 sometime in the near future. While we agree that its name is confusing, the important thing is that — in a way — we’ll be able to finally play Halo 5 on the PC. If you are not a Halo 5 fan, then you should know that Forge is a very powerful map making tool that was introduced back in Halo 3. Now, it’s finally back on PC.
Features of Forge – Halo 5: Guardians:
– Mouse and Keyboard support: For the first time the “Forgers” will be able to use the mouse and keyboard, which will offer a better precision than ever before;
– High Resolution: The tool will support high resolution (including 4K);
– Test and Play with your friends: ability to test the maps that you create with your friends on Windows 10;
– Build the map on Windows 10 and publish it on Xbox One: The maps that you will create on Windows 10 can be played on Xbox One.
Tom French, UGC director of 343 Industries, said that many fans have been expecting for this for quite a while and that the company is happy it can finally bring it to players. Thanks to mouse and keyboard support, it will be easier to create maps. Players should know that this is a tool and it is *NOT* the full game.
However, while it isn’t the campaign, you are still able to test out and explore the maps that you will create on Windows 1S. We are pretty sure that the Halo 5 fans will be pretty happy about this upcoming edition, even if it is quite limited.
What are your thoughts about Forge — Halo 5: Guardians edition?
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Halo 5: Guardians Memories of Reach DLC brings Infection mode, new maps and more
- Halo 5 Guardians Memories of Reach DLC released
- Halo: Spartan Strike Comes to Windows 8, Windows Phone & Steam for $5.99