Halo 5: Guardians Memories of Reach DLC brings Infection mode, new maps and more
The new, free content update for Xbox One’s shooter Halo 5: Guardians is on the way. The new update is dubbed Memories of Reach, and brings some fresh features and content, including the highly anticipated multiplayer mode Infection.
Here’s what Memories of Reach update will bring to Halo 5: Guardians :
- “New multiplayer game mode – Infection. Band together with your fellow survivors or hunt your prey with cunning and skill; the highly anticipated Infection game mode is making its way to Halo 5: Guardians! In Infection, 12 players face off in a round-based game mode, where the initial Infected player aims to convert the survivors into Infected via elimination. Your first look at Infection gameplay will come via Game Informer early next week, who spoke with 343 Industries on what’s new in the frenetic game mode.
- New Arena Map – Stasis. Greedy for knowledge and prestige, researchers and AIs from Lethbridge Industrial pushed the boundaries at a remote research station, but the price of failure always tempered the risks they would take. Stasis is a mid-sized map that combines elements of symmetric sides with moderate asymmetrical features, giving it a hybrid design that’s unique to Halo 5: Guardians’ Arena multiplayer.
- New REQ items. Memories of Reach brings several new REQs that are sure to give you a nostalgic kick, with Noble Team coming back together in the Indomitable, Intruder, Vigilant and Wrath armor sets (as seen on GameSpot). Also included are new weapon skins, the Brute Plasma Rifle, assassinations, and legendary Phaeton Helios variant.”
Although 343 Industries and Microsoft announced the update, there’s still no word as to when the update will be released. However, 343 Industries will hold a special event on May 11 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. PDT at twitch.tv/halo and the Halo Channel to showcase the update, so we should expect its release to Halo 5 players some time this month.
Memories of Reach is going to be the sixth DLC for Halo 5 Guardians. What is interesting about this release, as well as about all previous content updates for Halo 5: Guardians, is that 343 Industries and Microsoft release them to players for free. As the companies note, significant earnings have been made through Halo 5 micro transactions and therefore there’s no need to put any price on DLCs.
Tell us in the comments: what do you think about the upcoming update and the introduction of the new Infection mode? Also, if you’re interested in playing more games, do check out our mammoth list of more than 100 games currently available on the Windows Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Project CARS – Game of the Year Edition Debuts on Xbox One, brings new content
- Mystery Castle and Coffin Dodgers available on Xbox One
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex beta version for Windows 10 now available in the Store
A number of users have issues on Windows 10 because browser software did not support output device selection. This means that all your open software […]
Steam is one of the biggest gaming platforms, but players reported that Steam does not show them in game. This problem is particularly annoying, especially […]